Attn: Ed/Hammerbeck (Read 510 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey, I see we are kinfolk--I, too, like to consider myself descended from Vikings (at least on one side of the family...my mom was adopted and knows that her mom was full Scot, but her adoptive parents were of Norske descent and my dad is full Swedish and Danish). My maiden name was a "son" name, my dad's mom was a Johnson, my mom was a Hansen, lots of "quists" in the family.... I think that's why I run so slow, but for long distances. "My people" were of that slow, stubborn stock. I should probably like cold weather more than I do, though. But I definitely have the love of coffee, fish, and pastries that every good Scandinavian can claim. As well as difficulties attaining any skin colors other than pasty white or lobster red.... Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

So many potential jokes, so little time ... Tongue

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Shut it, man. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

Sluggard

Oh, sweet. Someone actually went to my site. The truth of the matter is that, like many Americans, I am a Euro-mutt. I don't know for certain all the little nationalities flowing through my veins, but I'm fairly certain of Swedish, Swiss (German), Czech, and Scottish/Irish/English. I cannot even be sure that Hammerbeck is Swedish, because there were Hammerbecks in Sweden and Hammarbachs in Germany (or vice versa), all distantly related. So, given my choices, I pick Viking because Vikings are pretty cool. It lets me say things like "Hey, my people raided your people" or even better "Your people prayed that their gods would save them from the fury of my people." It also lets me wear pointy hats and drink mead out of horns. And I couldn't think of a clever name for my blog. Dead
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So, given my choices, I pick Viking because Vikings are pretty cool. It lets me say things like "Hey, my people raided your people" or even better "Your people prayed that their gods would save them from the fury of my people." It also lets me wear pointy hats and drink mead out of horns.
            Exactly! Hey, and backroadrunner lived in Norway for a year, so she can attest that Vikings are pretty damned cool! Plus they were the first confirmed Europeans to set-foot on N. Am. soil...stick that in your pipe and smoke it, Chris Columbus! Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay