Am I the only dork.. (Read 336 times)

Gawd I love watching that 800 final.

awesome.  the guy spends almost 70% of the race in last place, wins a gold medal and then acts like it's just another day at the track.

I say it's better to be a dork in a headband than a d'bag in a visor.

(no offense, Jaybar, I'm certain you only wear yours for functional reasons and it isn't accompanied by unzipped spandex)

None taken. Wait until you go out for a 5:00 pm run in July at the same latitude as Miami. It also keeps the me from getting skin cancer and other sun related issues on my forehead.

And you can't imagine how much I hate spandex. (I'm in a bit of a low intensity conflict with all the spandex warriors zooming around on their spiffy bikes, but I digress).

I think Zoomy and a couple others (KenCan I think) blasted me a couple years back for making a joke about spandex.

BeeRunB

If you don't wear a headband how do you keep the sweat out of your eyes?? 

I hire forehead dabbers to run alongside of me.

regular baseball caps wont do much to keep sweat out of your eyes, but yes the ones designed for running will. I have one cap by Sweat..Caps? Cant find it at the moment and another by UA (heatgear) both meant to keep sweat out, but still some gets in my eyes. Do what you want and if it works for you, keep doing it. Ive found that at times I was the minority. Maybe someone else wants to try to do something "outside the box" too. You could be their inspiration.

Headsweats?

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Nothing wrong with a headband, I have a sweaty band and 3 bondibands that I use when I'm not using my visor. I actually find they work really well when biking, that tends to make me sweat more! (picture of me in my bondiband that reads" I run for beer"

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

keeponrunning

In the summer I wear a visor or headband to keep my bangs out of my eyes.  In the winter, I wear a wool Buff that covers my forehead-- I don't care how dorky I look, it's practical and keeps me warm.  It also helps prevent frostbite, which is usually a good idea.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022