Yay!! (Read 593 times)

Got the okay today to start running again. I'm so pumped, its been hell riding the stationary for a month, riding the normal bike would have been O.K..... but the stationary is way worse. Anyway, thinking I'm gonna start back around 20 mpw and slowly work it back up to 70. It will be intersting to see what has happened to my paces and condiitoning given I have been training quite diligently.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Certifiably Insane

Congrats! That's going to feel great being back out there! Smile Yeah, I have a stationary bike in the basement. I rode it a lot last year, going hard for about 60-90 minutes at a time. I don't watch much TV, so about the only way I kept what little sanity I have was to read. If I was into a good book or running mag, the time went pretty quickly. By far, though, I'd rather be running. Enjoy it!
      On the road since 1978! "To be good is not enough when you dream of being great." I am not obsessed! I'm just INTENSE! "Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool." Why? Because race results stay on Google forever! (Reasonably recent) PR's: 5K - 16:40 10K - 35:04 HM - 1:18:30

Imminent Catastrophe

Don't know your history but you might want to take a couple of weeks to work up to 20. Just sayin', been there, done that...

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016