Running in the rain (Read 662 times)

Does any of you have good recommendations for a breathable running rain jacket/parka?
    I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
    Wingz

Professional Noob

If you're willing to pay about $90 for it, LLBean has a very nice one. Check out http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&categoryId=44805&sc1=Search&feat=sr. It even has a light strip in the back for extra visibility. Way cool! Modified to add: I really like the hi-viz yellow one...

Roads were made for journeys...

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't bother with a running jacket in the rain. Only time I bother is if it's freezing outside.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

My runs aren't longer yet than 40 minutes, and at least for those runs, I don't need a jacket yet. Once I took my ds9's rain jacket, because it's breathable and has large ventilation under the arms, but it was bothering more than comfortable. (Yes, I'm only 5'1" tall, so I can wear his cloths....) So after that I only wore a long sleeved Tee when it rained , and felt really good. Maybe that will change when the temperature drops (still 9°C/48°F here), and my runs will be longer. But I have the impression that most breathable jackets breath enough for the sweating you do during an - even tough - hike, but I wonder if that's still sufficient when you're running?

Running in Belgium
          Ann

I've run in my North Face Goretex hiking jacket before. It was a little bulky for running but breathablity was great. Teresa
            JakeKnight

Maybe I'm strange, but I don't bother with a running jacket in the rain. Only time I bother is if it's freezing outside.
              Not strange at all. The wetter, the better. Especially when it's hot. Cool

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------