Curse of the Race Registering! (Read 705 times)

Prophet!

Why is it that right after me and my wife registered and paid for the Honolulu Marathon that I got a severe ankle sprain and now both of us and our toddler all caught colds that will sure bounce between the three of us for weeks ??? I guess we should have registered way earlier and get all of our maladies out of the way ahead of time.... anybody else got such strings of bad lucks right after paying for race registrations ?
    Wingz

Professional Noob

hrm... I wonder if anyone's got statistics on that? Good thing the Virtual races are free. I'd sure hate to be the cause of twisted ankles and perpetually bouncing colds! Tongue

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good thing the Virtual races are free. I'd sure hate to be the cause of twisted ankles and perpetually bouncing colds! Tongue
        Maybe we should start charging...that would be one way to test the theory! Big grin Phat, I was SO paranoid during the weeks leading up to my HM that I would get sick. Half of my son's little school were ill with some nasty virus and he has had a cough/runny nose thing going on for several weeks (I think it may actually be allergies, given that he gets this every Fall it seems). Luckily I was spared. When is the race? k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

JakeKnight

Not sure if I've ACTUALLY injured myself right after registering ... or right before ... a race or athletic event. But I have noticed that for a couple weeks before (and often right after registering) I start suffering all sorts of imaginary aches and pains. I go out for a run a week before and all of a sudden I'm hurting at one mile. I start wondering how on Earth I thought I could go 26.2? I've been told during tapering its something with the endorphins, or lack thereof. Personally, I just think I'm a hypochondriac. Not sure how you "imagine" spraining your ankle though. Was this from the infamous coconut incident?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------