Myrtle Beach (Read 758 times)

Long time reader, first time writer. First of all I have learned so much by reading this forum. It is great and so informative. I will be running the Myrtle Beach Marathon in a couple weeks and just wondering if anybody has any advice, hints or ideas that might help, especially things NOT  to do. I'm a slow runner, mostly just wanna finish and live to tell about it and have a good time. I'm shooting to finish in 5 to 5 and half hour range to finish. Where I run now is very hilly, long steep hills, grrr, don't like 'em at all, but I know they are good for me. Thanks y'all

vegefrog

I'll be there too! It's my first marathon, so I don't have any tips for you about the course.  I know that it is VERY flat, so you shouldn't have any problem with the terrain, except maybe your muscles are gonna get worn out doing the same thing for 5 hours, when they are used to changing up a little bit. I am running it with my sister and our goal is also to finish between 5-5.5. We want to feel good enough at the end to drink a beer (or two, LOL).

I am hoping that this weather changes drastically in two weeks...ran 16 today in Charleston and it was a heat index of 82...ICK. I would love it to be in the 50's and sunny!!

Good luck to you and I hope you have a great race.

heyitsben

Hey I ran the Myrtle Beach marathon last year and like the previous post said, it is a very flat course.   While this does make the race substantially easier, if you have been training on hilly terrain you may be missing the variety that hills offer and it will build up in your legs a lot more.  In addition, a large portion of the course is run by the beachfront and it can get very windy.  I would suggest running in a pack, sharing the lead, especially if your goal is just to finish.  The heat will most likely be a factor by the end of the race, but if you are consistent about making sure you hit all the water and powerade stations you should be fine!  Best of luck!

topdownlist

Hey I ran the Myrtle Beach marathon last year and like the previous post said, it is a very flat course.   While this does make the race substantially easier, if you have been training on hilly terrain you may be missing the variety that hills offer and it will build up in your legs a lot more.  In addition, a large portion of the course is run by the beachfront and it can get very windy.  I would suggest running in a pack, sharing the lead, especially if your goal is just to finish.  The heat will most likely be a factor by the end of the race, but if you are consistent about making sure you hit all the water and powerade stations you should be fine!  Best of luck!

There are many beach in the world who is famous and the making the most attractive and attract many of the tourist at the people .Thanks for sharing this post with us.

weight loss jacksonville

Ran the Myrtle Beach Marathon, had a fantastic time. Weather couldn't have been better. Not much wind. I finished in 5:03. Very happy with it. I would defiently recommend this for a first time marathoner.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Congratulations on the first marathon.  Quite an accomplishment.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

Weather was perfect on Saturday.

How about that awesome shirt color....Undecided

vegefrog

What a great race!!!! The volunteers were awesome! Every aid station was so pumped and happy that it made the race that much better.

I know the guys enjoyed the Hooters girls in the Lifeguard stands, LOL!

It was my first marathon and I couldn't have asked for anything more...except I ran so slow that they were out of beer when we got to the finish line.    Darn half marathoners probably drank it all Wink

HA, I like the fuchsia shirt!!!

Congrats on finishing. There was beer when I finished at 5:03!!! I did have my share of it, sorry.  :-))

vegefrog

Congrats on finishing. There was beer when I finished at 5:03!!! I did have my share of it, sorry.  :-))

Yeah, I finished in 5:30 an they were just closing up the Mich ultra tent, but still had that dark beer available. I decided to stuff my face with donuts and chocolate milk instead Smile I don't like the dark beers too much.