Puma Faas 250? (Read 1782 times)

Anyone run in these?  Or see a product review?

I can't find much on them. 

xor

I have not, but my brain mooshes the name together into PAAS.  You know, the folks that make the dye stuff for easter eggs.

kcam

I'm a PUMA wear tester and I've tried a few of the FAAS lineup (500,400, and a version of the 250 called the 'tri-sock').  The 400's are my favorite training shoe ever.  I wore out my test shoes and actually just bought another pair on my own.  I'll probably buy another pair or two for the shelf I like them so much.  

The tri-sock I have is a version of the 250 that is tailored to short distance triathlons.  No laces, slip on, designed to be worn with no socks.  I've actually been using them for my short distance racing and like them.   The tri-sock is too narrow in the forefoot for me but other than that I like the ride and midsole, wouldn't use them for anything longer than 10K.  Weird that the tri-sock is too narrow as the 400 fits my wide foot like a glove.  So far, I'm a fan of the FAAS 400, not so much the 250/tri-sock.

Here's a review of sorts of the Puma series on RW.   Search there and you'll get some more hits.

Puma FAAS

thanks.

from the pics I saw I thought the toe looked a little narrow also. 

I picked a a pair on deep discount from runningwarehouse. I've only run in them once, but I liked them and didn't think they were too narrow. I'm running a 10 mile workout in them today. I'll let you know how it goes.

Netizen Kane

Haven't tried the FAAS250, but I have a pair of the FAAS300, which is slightly more sturdy, and they are fantastic shoes, especially for the faster sessions. Highly recommended. The only caveats:

1. I have only done 100km on these, so can't comment on how they will last.

2. They are a little narrow, so I had to go half a size up.

Other than that it's all good.

I picked a a pair on deep discount from runningwarehouse. I've only run in them once, but I liked them and didn't think they were too narrow. I'm running a 10 mile workout in them today. I'll let you know how it goes.

thoughts after today's w/o:

the shoes fit the foot and hold it securely in place..similar to a racing flat ..some may find them too narrow, but I did not and I do not have a narrow foot and typically prefer a roomy toe box.

there is not a lot to the shoe..the upper is mesh and extremely breathable (you're foot would get soaked if it rained) with a couple of overlays to help secure the foot.

the shoe is very responsive especially when running faster, but I alos found it comfortable during my w/u and c/d

If you are not used to running in racing flats or more minimal type shoes then I would not recoomend them, however if you are used to running in those types of shoes than I would not hesitate to give them a shot especially at the current discounts available

thoughts after today's w/o:

the shoes fit the foot and hold it securely in place..similar to a racing flat ..some may find them too narrow, but I did not and I do not have a narrow foot and typically prefer a roomy toe box.

there is not a lot to the shoe..the upper is mesh and extremely breathable (you're foot would get soaked if it rained) with a couple of overlays to help secure the foot.

the shoe is very responsive especially when running faster, but I alos found it comfortable during my w/u and c/d

If you are not used to running in racing flats or more minimal type shoes then I would not recoomend them, however if you are used to running in those types of shoes than I would not hesitate to give them a shot especially at the current discounts available

What about shoe size? Did you use the shoefitr at RW?

I need a daily trainer. Plus a separate shoe for intervals and tempos on the road. Would this shoe be better for fast days? Or easy mile days?

And we run because we like it
                  Through the broad bright land

What about shoe size? Did you use the shoefitr at RW?

I need a daily trainer. Plus a separate shoe for intervals and tempos on the road. Would this shoe be better for fast days? Or easy mile days?

I did use the shoefitr at RW and they suggested that I get the same size as my Kinvara 2 and Brooks Launch.

I have a 4-5 shoe rotation right now, so I have only run in them twice. Both days just happened to fall on interval/tempo days. I think they are a probably more suited to that type of running, but may work on easy days. Not sure I'd go longer than 10 on an easy day. Once I run an easy 10 miler in mine, I'll let you know.

I think they'd be a decent HM and possible marathon shoe for faster neutral runners

Not sure how they will hold up. I got them for under $40 so i'll be happy to get 300 miles out of them