What July 4th Races is everyone doing? (Read 1074 times)

Me and my gang in Breck

I'm running the Jennifer Tinny 5 mile road race right here in Boxford Massachusetts. I'ts a real New England road race right before the parade starts.

That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Neitzsche "Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." "Dedication and commitment are what transfer dreams into reality."

Beer.
      Fair enough, my friend, fair enough.
      2009: BQ?
        You can get beer here www.volkslaufe.org - very cool awards..."German steins, imported from Hoer-Grenzhausen, Germany are awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each age division for both male and female competitors"
        JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

We're all going to be up at the lake with our running friends so we are making up our own run! It's called the Virtual Fourth of July run and we start at 8am. Anyone can join us! Just start running at 8am. We are going to take pictures and use them for our avatars the rest of July. This way we'll be part of the fun, away from the fun! Smile Jilly
          "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Go Green Wave!

I'm bummed! My wife has to work July 4th, which means I have no one to watch my 6 week old so I can run my race...ah well good luck to all of you running on the 4th!
            Len

Damn Yankee

Firecracker 5K in Shreveport, La.; first 101 finishers receive a nice etched glass mug. That's typically around 21:00 and I'm hoping to be there. My last two 5k's have been right at 21:30, so I'm going to have work for it.

Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending. Carl Bard

Slow-smooth-fast

did a local 4 miler today in 27:22, very happy with it. hard work

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

JerryBZA

Runs with the pack

My evil plan fell through of entering a small local race to snipe a podium spot. I ended up running a 22:07 (which is what my goal was) but placed 4th, just out of medal contention. Several other cheating bastards must have had the same idea. Evil grin A 22:07 last year would have been good enough for a second. Good news was my son, in his second race ever, ran a 21:06 and won his division. He was pretty jazzed, and so was I! I think he's totally hooked on running. Big grin
                    I ran the FastTrack Mile with my daughters. Happy to say that my 4 yo placed 3rd in the 6 and under age group and my 9 yo placed 2nd in hers. Their friend placed first in hers and the local news used their pictures on the evening news. Big grin My 4 yo finished in 11:03, two minutes faster than last year. I'm wondering how many more years I'll be able to keep up! Tongue My dh and son ran in the men's race. Neither placed but both beat their times from last year as well. Teresa