Cell phone and running (Read 1432 times)

Do you run with your cell phone?

Mine is so huge ( iPhone ) 

But, I really wish I had mine Saturday when I threw my back out. 

Where would I put it?  The thing is huge.  

Just wondering what everyone else does.  It's easier in the winter when you have a coat on.  

- Anya

armband. I use armpocket sport 20. very comfy.

npaden

I use my iPhone for my GPS and my HRM.  I use the Armpocket i-30 so it fits with the ANT+ deal on the bottom.

I use bluetooth headphones and can actually answer a call or make a call while I'm running although I rarely do.

Here's a link to armpocket - http://www.armpocket.com/

Here's a link to the headphones - http://www.amazon.com/LG-Tone-Wireless-Bluetooth-Packaging/dp/B0052YFYFK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337204294&sr=8-1

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

I use a water resistant Spibelt when I have to bring mine along. I don't even notice it's there.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpage-SPIWRB.html

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

TammyinGP

I rarely run with mine. I think once, on a 22 mile run, I took it with me just so that if I was later than anticipated I could call my DH so he wouldn't worry. But I have a smaller flip phone, so it fit in my fuel belt just fine.

Tammy

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

With my health conditions I am never far from my cell phone. I've used both Spibelt and a clip on pouch. Had to stop using the Spibelt when I changed phones because of placement of the head phone jack near the edge. Zipper put pressure on the jack causing intermittent operation for listening to music and podcast's. I tried to find an arm band that would hold my phone and keep it dry and failed. I sweat to much to keep the phone from getting soaked.

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ojo

I bunch of us bought these at the Flying Pig expo.  I wore mine last weekend for 14 miles with no movement.  Very comfortable . . . and stylish.

http://www.bandiwear.com/

Sara

MM #2929

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I bunch of us bought these at the Flying Pig expo.  I wore mine last weekend for 14 miles with no movement.  Very comfortable . . . and stylish.

http://www.bandiwear.com/

Ditto.  I love mine.  I have a TuneBelt that works well, too.  I can't stand stuff on my arms.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Maggie & Molly

I wear mine in a belt that sits on my lower back and doesn't move.  Picked it up at an expo.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                      Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I always bring my phone with me when I run.  I buy running shorts and pants that have a pocket along the waistband that is perfect for my cell phone.   My cell phone is smaller than an iPhone though.  On really long runs I wear a hydration vest that has perfect front pockets that could easily fit an iPhone. 

Michelle

Feeling the growl again

I don't often carry mine but when I do, it's in a Ziploc baggie.  I can't speak for Android phones like mine, but I know for a fact that an iPhone has a moisure sensing piece inside and if the phone dies.....and you try to send it in under warranty....if that sensor is positive for moisture your warranty is voided.  So whatever you use, make sure it keeps the sweat out.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't often carry mine but when I do, it's in a Ziploc baggie.  I can't speak for Android phones like mine, but I know for a fact that an iPhone has a moisure sensing piece inside and if the phone dies.....and you try to send it in under warranty....if that sensor is positive for moisture your warranty is voided.  So whatever you use, make sure it keeps the sweat out.

I wonder how that works if a person pays for Apple Care.  My understanding is that that $100 guarantees no-questions-asked replacement for 2 years.  Of course, if a person doesn't opt for that they're almost certainly SOL.

Mine stays dry in front of me in belts.  I'd not dare carry it near my back while running--that's sweat central.  When I take it on my bike it's always in a heavy duty Ziplock bag in a jersey pocket.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xhristopher

I tend to just carry my phone in my hand. It's easier to text while running that way.

Wing

Joggaholic

Droid Razr and a car or house key inside spi belt. The droid is huge and it barely fits. I use it as my mp3 player on my runs. On the very few occasions when I had to pull it out to answer a call, it required very clumsy maneuvering....