surgeon general says the ladies are getting fat on account of they don't want to muss their 'do. (Read 1505 times)

Ostrich runner

True story, I don't work out after I've gotten a blowout.

Usually I fall asleep afterwards. 

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Jill_B

I fly.

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Bronner Bros. 

Bring it on.

Scout7

Cool

Its a big reason I don't do triathlons.

I don't want to muss my 'do.

But I'm not fat either

Hey, me too.

Best Present Ever

When researchers at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center in North Carolina sampled 103 black women from the area, they found that about a third exercised less because they were concerned it would jeopardize their hair. Of those women, 88 percent did not meet the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidelines for physical activity, which is 150 minutes of moderate intensity exercise each week, or about 20 minutes a day.

i just highlight this to say, yes, there is at least a small research study, a sample, a survey of some kind.

I meant, though expressed it sloppily, that there was no research specifically on hair and exercise.  There is clearly research on barriers to exercise, of which hair issues are one.  Research dollars weren't spent specifically to address hair was my only point.  I composed a whole post in my head while walking to work, but all that crazy working precluded sending the more thorough answer.  I would be a much better runner and message board writer without this damn job. Just in case someone is looking to sponsor a mediocre runner ...

xor

Usually I fall asleep afterwards. 

Oh dear.

They exercised and their hair still looks nice.

thankfully this doesn't seem to have been a problem for the surgeon general.  her hair looks good.

Mind you, she doesn't look like she's been over-doing the exercise either :/

Mind you, she doesn't look like she's been over-doing the exercise either :/

everything in moderation. 

mikeymike

"I don't care what I look like.  I'm a World Champion."  -Jenny Barringer Simpson

(She looks pretty good, incidentally.)

Runners run

This photo needs a caption contest. What is Obama thinking?

"Eh, I'd hit it."

"Zzzzzzzz."

A Saucy Wench

heh..I just realized how the opposite I am.  i havent colored my hair in forever because I have to find the right amount of time between showers and I cant run until I shampoo after a color or my hat gets ruined....so I just dont color.  Which is getting a little scary

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

heh..I just realized how the opposite I am.  i havent colored my hair in forever because I have to find the right amount of time between showers and I cant run until I shampoo after a color or my hat gets ruined....so I just dont color.  Which is getting a little scary

What are we talking here, scary-wise?

(I'm just preparing myself for November)

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

A Saucy Wench

What are we talking here, scary-wise?

(I'm just preparing myself for November)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7