An ode to my &@#^$% ITBS (Read 182 times)

Hip Redux

OK, well, MAYBE there are a few things more painful.  LOL

I also do acupuncture cupping on the ITB - have you tried that?  Equally painful but helps.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

No, I haven't. I'll look into it if the PT route doesn't ultimately work. Thanks for the info.

Hip Redux

My PT did the cupping along with the Graston - supposedly it works similarly, but different enough to warrant both.   I ended up buying myself the "kit" to do at home as a maintenance thing.

Not dead. Yet.

haiku

knee swings in rhythm

tendon rubbing against bone

acute pain stops you

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Hip Redux

haiku

knee swings in rhythm

tendon rubbing against bone

acute pain stops you

YES!

This about sums it up.

onemile

This sounds familiar.  Smile  Glad you're feeling better!

I'm a believer in Graston. I tried foam rolling, rest, pretty much anything you can think of. Graston is the only thing that has really helped. It hurts like a bitch and I have bruises all over my legs, but it's worth it.

tomatolover

Giving birth hurts worse for sure.

I'm a believer in Graston. I tried foam rolling, rest, pretty much anything you can think of. Graston is the only thing that has really helped. It hurts like a bitch and I have bruises all over my legs, but it's worth it.

Also a graston believer...only thing that got rid of my soleus issues, as there's no amount of rolling that could solve that one.  I had a great graston practitioner/ pt , but now i'm freelancing on my own body with  a butter knife and vasaline.  Not pretty, but effective.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

This sounds familiar.  Smile  Glad you're feeling better!

I've experienced a bit of a setback it seems. I'm going to ask my PT to be more aggressive when I see her on Thursday.

Hip Redux

I've experienced a bit of a setback it seems. I'm going to ask my PT to be more aggressive when I see her on Thursday.

Sorry.  Sad  I know how frustrating it is, trust me.

These last few days are the first in about 4 weeks where I feel somewhat normal, and am not wincing in pain.  I'm waiting for things to relapse when I attempt to run tomorrow.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Sorry.  Sad  I know how frustrating it is, trust me.

These last few days are the first in about 4 weeks where I feel somewhat normal, and am not wincing in pain.  I'm waiting for things to relapse when I attempt to run tomorrow.

Good luck! You might try keeping it short and slow for a week or two. If you can figure out what you did that might have helped you recover, please share. Smile

Hip Redux

Good luck! You might try keeping it short and slow for a week or two. If you can figure out what you did that might have helped you recover, please share. Smile

Thanks!  It went OK. No pain, but lots of tightness in that knee.  Keeping the mileage WAY low for now and will ease back into it.  I have no races coming up, so there's no need to end up on the DL again anytime soon with too fast a ramp up.

Fingers crossed for you too!