Garmin communicator plugin not detecting device (Read 289 times)

Anyone else having a problem with this? I've tried on a couple of machines and have the same problem. The Ant agent gets the data from the watch and uploads it to garmin connect, but the communicator plugin says that no device is detected. This is not an RA specific problem, the Garmin test page shows the same thing.

This worked for me quite recently...

eric :)

I got an email from another user today with that exact problem.  I'm thinking it's a bug in the Ant Agent in that it reports all workouts are uploaded after uploading it to one website.  Since you auto uploads to GC, it works for GC and no other websites.  Try this, create a test workout, disable auto upload to GC, and then try uploading to RA and see if that works.  If it does, try uploading the same workout to GC and see if it succeeds.

BTW, did you update the Ant agent recently?

So - I tried that and no different (well actually ANT agent doesn't have an option to disable auto upload as far as I can see, but you can disconnect from the 'net to achieve the same thing).

I guess that give the message is that it can't find the device, rather than that there are no workouts to upload, I'm not surprised that it's no different.

I don't recall having updated Ant Agent recently. Maybe the browser plugin (which is different and seems to be where the problem lies) has updated - not sure.

The only reason I boot windows is to get data off my gps and upload it...

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Mine has had the bug for 2 years. Garmin will advice re-download. I stopped after 20+ attempts in a years time. It is now on a hit and miss.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

So - I tried that and no different (well actually ANT agent doesn't have an option to disable auto upload as far as I can see, but you can disconnect from the 'net to achieve the same thing).

I guess that give the message is that it can't find the device, rather than that there are no workouts to upload, I'm not surprised that it's no different.

I don't recall having updated Ant Agent recently. Maybe the browser plugin (which is different and seems to be where the problem lies) has updated - not sure.

The only reason I boot windows is to get data off my gps and upload it...

Go inro the Ant Agents "Device Settings" page to uncheck the automatic upload to Garmin Connect.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

.. and oddly it's working again, without any changes from me. Well I did try a number of things, but nothing worked a couple of days ago. Today I tried and it worked fine.

As I said - ant agent seemed to work all along - it pulled data from the watch an uploaded it to garmin connect. I was just that the browser plugin could not detect the device.

MTA - and I now have a whole load of duplicates, but I assume that's a one-off problem because I manually uploaded some tcx files whilst things were not working.

MonkeyBunny

I have the same problem - it's always iffy when I try to download data as to whether or not the Ant Agent will work or not.

Houston Marathon 1-13-13

Rock n Roll St. Pete Half 2-10-13

Gasparilla 15K 2-23-13

Armadillo 10K 3-9-13

Ogden Marathon 5-18-13

Steamtown?

Baystate?

The Goal:  Boston Marathon 4-20-15

Julia1971

I have the same problem - it's always iffy when I try to download data as to whether or not the Ant Agent will work or not.

I've been having a problem with the Ant Agent for the last couple days.  I deleted the history from my watch (Garmin 610) this morning, went for my run and it worked just now.

I'm dealing with this again, too.  I resolved it last August, and now it won't upload to RA even though it is going to Garmin Connect.  Right now I can't even pair, but I'll fool with it somemore this evening.  It came back to life for an instant last night and pulled in my test run (17 seconds) but not my earlier "real" run.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I'm dealing with this again, too.  I resolved it last August, and now it won't upload to RA even though it is going to Garmin Connect.  Right now I can't even pair, but I'll fool with it somemore this evening.  It came back to life for an instant last night and pulled in my test run (17 seconds) but not my earlier "real" run.

Karen,

I just got word from another user that had this problem.  This was what he did:

I called Garmin and they said there was some corruption in the html of the garmin ant agent.  They had me delete the html file in "my computer" then do a hard reset on the garmin 310xt unit.  From there I did a sync of my garmin to ant and then it worked.

He does not remember the name of the file, but said it was the only html file in the Ant Agent folder.

A Saucy Wench

Anyone else having a problem with this? I've tried on a couple of machines and have the same problem. The Ant agent gets the data from the watch and uploads it to garmin connect, but the communicator plugin says that no device is detected. This is not an RA specific problem, the Garmin test page shows the same thing.

This worked for me quite recently...

I have the same problem and I do not load manually or automatically to anything else.   Either it cant find it at all or it gets halfway through the upload and loses it.  It usually takes 2-3 attempts to get the upload to go (205 and firefox)

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I have the same problem and I do not load manually or automatically to anything else.   Either it cant find it at all or it gets halfway through the upload and loses it.  It usually takes 2-3 attempts to get the upload to go (205 and firefox)

The non-Ant Agent devices work somewhat differently.  Try the following:

- do a reset by holding Mode and Reset buttons for several seconds

- plug the GPS to a different USB port.  Garmins are very sensitive to signal quality of the USB port.

Mine seemed to be solved by doing a reset of the device.  I did not go through the deletion of the html file, but I think I did that last summer.  I'll keep that in mind for (when) if it happens again.  Thanks!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth