How do you feel about rising obesity levels in America and Europe? (Read 458 times)

Feeling the growl again

The steamed rice mainly contains glucose and less than 1% is converted to fat. That is the secret."

Any glucose that is surplus of what you burn, if your glycogen stores are topped off, is converted to fat.  Basic biochemistry.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

kk_kittenkat

A friend of mine has salad for lunch regularly. He said he wants to lose some weight. And then he often has a cake afterward. He still couldn't resist sugar. He watched me eating a huge portion of Chinese take-away for lunch and asked how I could be so thin having such a large portion of Chinese takeaway every lunch. I said: "My Chinese takeaway is not like the popular one that you guys like, sweet sour pork, spring roll, greasy chicken chow mein. In my plate, there is hardly any sugar, no deep fried. The steamed rice mainly contains glucose and less than 1% is converted to fat. That is the secret."

Why is it that all of the overweight people in my office nibble on salad for lunch but never lose weight. They must just stuff themselves away from the office?

DeanCarolan

An inevitable result when genetically predisposed individuals are placed in an obesogenic environment characterised by labour saving innovations and a market model predicated on consumption based economic growth. Therefore, stricter regulations are required rather than individual approaches which do not address the root causes of the obesity epidemic.

MrH

An inevitable result when genetically predisposed individuals are placed in an obesogenic environment characterised by labour saving innovations and a market model predicated on consumption based economic growth. Therefore, stricter regulations are required rather than individual approaches which do not address the root causes of the obesity epidemic.

What's needed is a methodology for dissecting obesogenic environments ... a framework for identifying, prioritizing and applying environmental interventions for obesity.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

xhristopher

Yea tell me more about the methodology specifically if anyone have been far even as decided to use even go want to do know more about.

catwhoorg

Labrat

I have a colleague who eats salad.

Defined as a ridiculously large bowl of leaf, with lots of cheese and bacon bits added. Oh and literally half a bottle of full fat dressing.

He isn't losing weight, I wonder why

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Birdwell

I have a colleague who eats salad.

Defined as a ridiculously large bowl of leaf, with lots of cheese and bacon bits added. Oh and literally half a bottle of full fat dressing.

He isn't losing weight, I wonder why

He's in maintenance mode.

Yea tell me more about the methodology specifically if anyone have been far even as decided to use even go want to do know more about.

Oh Princess, why fat country goes runs, yet no visible affect.  Observe alligator, hence no relation biped locomotion to speed. If you think muscle use influence speed then I laugh at your intellect.

Why is it that all of the overweight people in my office nibble on salad for lunch but never lose weight. They must just stuff themselves away from the office?

For the 6 years between my 4th & 7th children I was carefully eating 1200-1400 calories a day.  I was that overweight girl eating a small mixed green salad with dry chicken breast & no dressing for lunch. I ate an equally boring dinner & never ate dessert. Now I eat 2000 calories of whatever I feel like eating and my BMI is healthy normal. Being active changed my life. I needed to stop making excuses & start moving. I was tired when I came home from work, so is everyone else. Am I going to put on my big girl panties and run or sit on the couch? I chose to run. Interestingly, I have more energy now than I ever did back then. I'm less sleep deprived too. I'm not quite to my goal weight yet, but I'm enjoying the journey & loving life.

Why is it sideways?

What do you mean by rising obesity levels? Is there research that shows that people are gaining weight in developed countries?

MrH

What do you mean by rising obesity levels? Is there research that shows that people are gaining weight in developed countries?

No, research shows that rates are not increasing. But what's your point? Are you new to the internet, or something?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

jfa

This is all very compelling, but I have to go eat my cheeseburger and fries.

MrH

This is all very compelling, but I have to go eat my cheeseburger and fries.

I hope that you used the drive-thru

The process is the goal.

Why is it sideways?

No, research shows that rates are not increasing. But what's your point? Are you new to the internet, or something?

Obesity rates are not increasing. That makes more sense to me. I am just confused about the whole topic because I have not really seen many overweight people in my area (middle Tennessee.)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well lordy lordy I sure have.

Come by the hospital or go to a Mall sometime.

Obesity rates are not increasing. That makes more sense to me. I am just confused about the whole topic because I have not really seen many overweight people in my area (middle Tennessee.)