Coolest Marathon medals (Read 3905 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Can people post the coolest looking medals you have gotten for completing a Marathon? I would love to see what the Boston, New York, Chicago and Disney World medals look like. I know the Flying Pig one is pretty cool. Anyone have the one from Columbus?
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      Here are some Disney medals. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
      If you go as far as you can see, you will then see enough to go even farther. - John Wooden
      RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Wow those are pretty cool. I heard they give different medals at that race depending on what you run. Is that true?
          2011 Goals:
          Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
          Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
          I think my fav medal (will post a picture later) is from the Virginia Beach Rock and Roll Half Marathon. It's shaped like a sandpail, very colorful Smile
          2009: BQ?
            Ah, here it is!
            2009: BQ?
              I dunno, but I really want a Flying Monkey medal. None of the ones I have are particularly exciting. I like the BIG musical note medal that you get from one of the Country Music/Rock n Roll combos.

Jennifer mm#1231

I don't know if it is the coolest but it is my favorite because of all the hard work and previous marathons required to obtain it!
                WHO FARTLEK"D ?
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hmmmm.... Big grin Modified to add: I could JUST not resist Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

From the Blue Ridge Mountain Masters 50k trail run. Not really a medal, but it's useful! I drink coffee from it every day!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

This web page pretty much documents all the running medals in the USA.

If not, send him your photo and he will document them.

http://26point2medals.com/

He also has some cool links on his page for displaying them.

Marathon PR 3:25:23 http://26point2medals.com/metals.html
                      Jill_B

I fly.

Hmmmm.... Big grin Modified to add: I could JUST not resist Wink

Eh, I have one of them so they couldn't be that cool...

Bring it on.

Florida

Florida

Received a split of champagne, too.

GST

All my marathon medals have been pretty cool... but I am partial to the Flying Pig with the little pig butt on the back. Big grin

an amazing likeness

Is that brain matter in the background....???!  

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.