Forerunner 210 backlight time-out (Read 78 times)

an amazing likeness

Anyone found a way to change the backlight time-out on the Forerunner 210?  Just wondering if I've missed something....there's nothing in the manual about it, so I assume no-can-do.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

HermosaBoy

I don't think there is a way...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

I don't think there is a way...

+1

checked the firmware history too, no mention.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

an amazing likeness

Yeah...I didn't think so. Thanks for confirming. Runs are starting to finish in the dark as fall starts arriving...so backlight quick timeout something I just started to notice. I skimmed the firmware readme notes and didn't see it, so thought I'd throw the question out.

if you look at BBECKER39's responses in this thread there's a fix available (originally for 110 but also applies to 210) that disables the backlight time-out, allowing you to turn the backlight on & off manually.  i've tried it out on my 210 & it works fine Smile

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

an amazing likeness

if you look at BBECKER39's responses in this thread there's a fix available (originally for 110 but also applies to 210) that disables the backlight time-out, allowing you to turn the backlight on & off manually.  i've tried it out on my 210 & it works fine Smile

Wanted to circle back to thank you for this reference to the patch on the Garmin support.

Without this backlight 'always-on' change, the FR210 is a pain for intervals in the dark...Disapprove