The Pursuit of Happyness... You want something, go get it! (Read 221 times)

Finished!

Alex KerCan completed the MetroPCS Dallas Marathon at 12:33:40 pm with a time of 04:23:33 and 10:04 min/mile avg pace. (UNOFFICIAL)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Teresadfp

One day at a time

WOW, that's awesome!  I'm so glad your genetic disorder was discovered.  Interesting that YOU, not the experts, were the one who figured it out!

My husband and all three kids have a rare bleeding disorder that took over a year to figure out.  My poor son, then 7 years old, got stuck 14 times in a year before they finally identified it.  I was not impressed.

I have a connection to Scottish Rite, too - I stayed in the Scottish Rite Dorm at UT-Austin.  A beautiful dorm for girls  my grandfather kept his Masonic status in good standing just so that my mom could live there.  Then I benefited, also.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Congratulations!

steph  

WOW, that's awesome!  I'm so glad your genetic disorder was discovered.  Interesting that YOU, not the experts, were the one who figured it out!

After they ruled out the major diseases (ie. cystic fibrosis) and confirmed that the organs were functioning properly, the doctors told us it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

In our case, the genetic disorder was so rare and unknown that we were family #5 in the world that had the gene identified.

Most instances of the disease is Secondary and develops after an organ is damaged.

The Primary disease is not well known within the medical community.

We were not disappointed by the delayed diagnosis.  We loved the fact that they were always searching for the solution and stayed involved in their care even when they were lost and confused.  Their admission of not knowing the answer was the best answer they could have given us at that time.

There are many rare diseases like ours.

We were fortunate to find the answer.

(My wife and I don't have symptoms.  We're only carriers)

Cheers!

Life Goals:

rmcj001

Awesome!!!!

Ray

Feeling the growl again

Awesome result.  I hope he enjoyed every minute of it (and that you enjoyed spectating since you were unable to accompany him).

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

joescott

Yay!!

Finished!

Alex KerCan completed the MetroPCS Dallas Marathon at 12:33:40 pm with a time of 04:23:33 and 10:04 min/mile avg pace. (UNOFFICIAL)

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

Awesome result.  I hope he enjoyed every minute of it (and that you enjoyed spectating since you were unable to accompany him).

It was a great day.  My wife and I were able to watch him run at 4 locations during the 1st 10 miles.  Then, he went off to a portion of the route we didn't have access to with the car.

Since I paid for entry to the race a long time ago, I felt I could run a portion of the race with him.  I took the timing chip off my bib.

I walked to a location at mile 19 and was able to cheer on a few of my other friends running as I awaited my son.  I was able to run the last 7 miles with him.  I wish I was able to run the whole race with him.  Maybe next year.

He enjoyed every minute of it, but is cursing his toe right now knowing that his nail will fall off.

My youngest son (age 11) wants to run a marathon now.

Life Goals:

jpdeaux

Go Alex!

Congratulations on your first marathon!

Feeling the growl again

It was a great day.  My wife and I were able to watch him run at 4 locations during the 1st 10 miles.  Then, he went off to a portion of the route we didn't have access to with the car.

Since I paid for entry to the race a long time ago, I felt I could run a portion of the race with him.  I took the timing chip off my bib.

I walked to a location at mile 19 and was able to cheer on a few of my other friends running as I awaited my son.  I was able to run the last 7 miles with him.  I wish I was able to run the whole race with him.  Maybe next year.

He enjoyed every minute of it, but is cursing his toe right now knowing that his nail will fall off.

My youngest son (age 11) wants to run a marathon now.

So you were able to join him for the hard part.  Good for you both.  I'm sure this was a very memorable day all around, and I am glad that after all those trials you were able to have it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

MoBramExam

Awesome story, Brian.

kcam

Congratulations Alex!