Hi, I'm back. (Read 1329 times)

I haven't run any significant miles since August of 2011. 

I wasn't dead, injured or compromised in any way.  Just kind of fell off the wagon.  I decided to try being fat and lazy for a change.  Turns out, I don't like to.  So back to running and working out. 

Feel free to point and laugh as I plod down the paths and sidewalks. 

nothing to see here.  

Nice, Joe.  I think I recall you chasing sub-40 a few months back.  This year?  

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Chasing sub 40 is still out there. But its a long way from here.  

at this point I don't think i have any goals other than to be consistent.

nothing to see here.  

Old, Slow, Happy

It's good to have you back Joe.  My daughter lives down there and is a special ed teacher in the Middletown School System.

uncontrollable

No laughing  here.  We all take detours of one type or another as we go ... get back to plugging away.  DO NOT DO either extreme: give up the first few months or TMTS ... log, talk yourself into things that are smart for goals (sleep, good food, rest when needed, & not skipping runs for some sorry ass reason), & frequent RA as needed.  Remember the worst naysayer is in your HEAD!  Welcome back!

peace

12-week layoff

Congrats, Joe.  I'm back, too.  We can get in shape together.

I think we all hit a rut at some point.  Running can be very boring and pretty tough once you hit certain levels.  I find myself wondering if it is worth it currently.  Luckily my 7 year old sone is helping me keep that fire burning.  He ran on the indoor track the other night and just ran like the wind.  Little guy must have run 4-5 miles.  He had some stops but was clicking out miles at a good solid pace. 

Now if you are serious about running I know some people who would be happy to have you run with them.   Lots of opportunities on Saturday or Sunday!!

Either way welcome back jack!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Feeling the growl again

Feel free to point and laugh as I plod down the paths and sidewalks. 

I only laugh at people who have a never-ending list of excuses why they can't try.  I see nothing laugh at when someone is trying to improve themselves.  Ever.  

Welcome back.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I only laugh at people who have a never-ending list of excuses why they can't try.  I see nothing laugh at when someone is trying to improve themselves.  Ever.

Very well said.  It always saddens me a bit to see an older thread bumped, and you see zeroes in the log when you click on a username that has been MIA.  Ease back into it, then keep it rolling Joe.

E.J.
                    Greater Lowell Road Runners
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Hey Big Joe!  I was hoping after you posted this message that you would actually log some miles in your log but yet it is still filled with zeros.  Please tell me this is because you have been too lazy to put them in and not that you have been too lazy to run.  We've had good weather for this time of year.  Stop wasting it!

Signed, Your biggest fan!

BCR

• Sub 22  5K

Am I doing this right?

Welcome back.

+1.

When I was fat and lazy and had never run more than a mile, I used to laugh at big runners plodding along.  I made plenty of excuses why I couldn't do it.  Pretty stupid of me.

My philosophy has done a 180 and can now best be described by what Spaniel just said above.  

Just wish my intelligence could do a 180 Wink

No excuses....

...Like you, I fell of the wagon around August, and decided to jump on it again this month.  Nothing to do with New Year's resolutions (I deliberately waited one more week, longing for my first run, since I didn't want it to look like a New Year's resolution...)

I think I've been pointed at too in the last few weeks, as that middle aged lady trying to overtake a snail, but at least I was out and about, not sitting behind my windowpane...

Good luck!

Running in Belgium
                          Ann

...Like you, I fell of the wagon around August, and decided to jump on it again this month.  Nothing to do with New Year's resolutions (I deliberately waited one more week, longing for my first run, since I didn't want it to look like a New Year's resolution...)

I think I've been pointed at too in the last few weeks, as that middle aged lady trying to overtake a snail, but at least I was out and about, not sitting behind my windowpane...

Good luck!

Whoa.  I just want to say that not all people are like that.  I for one think you are awesome!

I give a lot more credit for an over weight person running then to someone who is fit and running.  It takes guts to get back out there and do something about it.  Maybe I feel this way because I have been there. 

Just like at a gym.  You think it is hard for the big muscle guys to go over to the weight bench.  Nope.  However, I always worrry about going over there because I'm not strong.  Same thing with the biggest loser.  I can't believe those people are willing to put themselves out there on national television like that.  I give them mad props for that. 

Put your chin up, keep that running going, don't worry about what other's think and know some of us runners think what you are doing is really awesome.   Sorry I just had to respond. 

Now for BigJoe he is just lazy and spends too much time at disney instead of running :-) 

• Sub 22  5K

Yes, i've been too lazy to enter anything in the log. 

just been doing some jog/walking to get the legs going again. Glad to see that you miss me.

I'll try to do better in the future. 

nothing to see here.  

BeeRunB

Welcome, back, Joe! I'll point, but I'll only laugh

if you get all slapsticky.

One step at a time.

Since you are technically a newbie again,

a little reminder about water stations.

Keep going!Cool

--Jimmy