The difference 7 years can make... (Read 689 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This was me exactly 7 years ago. My water broke at about 5:15 the next AM and at 5:10 that night my rugrat came into the world: One of these days I need to scan a larger version of that photo, but note the severely swollen feet. I had pretty bad edema and for the last 6 weeks of my pregnancy couldn't wear shoes--which was kind a bitch in MI in the Winter. I lived in bedroom slippers and some Keds canvas clog things with a stretchy panel...2 full sizes too big. I also had nothing left that fit, so that's a fugly maternity T that had been pink and I tried (and failed) to dye brown. The sweats were a pair of did's. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

simply ravishing....what a doll....wolf whistle.....
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I know...I was a whole lotta woman to love! Big grin I believe I tipped the scales at about 225 at that point. I actually got down to 124 a few years back and it was kinda fun to say that I'd lost over 100#s...though it wasn't all me, heh.

~ Sarah Kay

you've come a long way baby..... just wait...when they get to be 9 they are an absolute blast...which lasts until 13...then it is downhill until they move out.... On march 1st, my son (13) and I will be running a 5k together. I just bought him his first real pair of running shoes...I think he is going to smoke me cause I can't seem to get through pains in the legs....and heavy people don't run fast (at least not this one).
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

He's already pretty fun. The whole reading thing is so cool. Amazing how fast he's gone from sounding out simple words to chapter books. By Christmas of this year I expect we'll be buying the entire Harry Potter set in paperback for him. I've tried to get him to run with me a little bit, but he gets bored too fast. He's much more interested in biking with dad. Though I have a feeling that he could one day be one heck of a runner. He's definitely going to be a slimmer, longer-legged person than either of his folks, I think.

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Wow, k... you was a big preggers. Not that it wasn't all sexy and that. Big grin Hey... when you gonna ditch the infected mucous encapsulated space invader of an avatar pic? It's really grossin' me out girl! Specially with all the sickos around here these days. Get enough of the lung splatter in real life, as you have as well of late. Roll eyes

Rick
              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hey... when you gonna ditch the infected mucous encapsulated space invader of an avatar pic?
                But....it's Mr. Burns... Cry

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok...changed it to a pic of the birthday boy taken probably ~6 years ago... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Ok...changed it to a pic of the birthday boy taken probably ~6 years ago... Big grin
                    You coulda kepts him. I was just given you a hard time. Wink

Rick
                    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

You coulda kepts him. I was just given you a hard time. Wink
                      Yeah, I was getting kind of bored with Mr. Burns, anyhow. The new guy is better lookin'. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Yeah, I was getting kind of bored with Mr. Burns, anyhow. The new guy is better lookin'. Big grin
                        I just love that picture!! Smile

Michelle

obiebyke

Whoa, Zoom. I just noticed what your homepage is on your profile. Shocked Congrats to your munchkin, who won't be a munchkin for much longer!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just love that picture!! Smile
                            It's his "get that friggin' camera OUT OF MY FACE, mom" expression. He still makes it on a regular basis...or just plain RUNS away. Roll eyes

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Whoa, Zoom. I just noticed what your homepage is on your profile. Shocked Congrats to your munchkin, who won't be a munchkin for much longer!
                              Big grin You're so right, Obie...at 7 he's already far too sophisticated. Cry I miss 2. 2 was my favorite age. He was still so angelic at 2. He didn't get mouthy until at least 6 months after that... No

~ Sarah Kay

They grow way too fast!!! WOW girl!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson