Bug in graphing pace (Read 37 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

One of my saved reports is daily pace.  I just noticed that the pace on one particular day is much too low - it appears to be < 6:30, whereas the actual pace was 7:42/mile that day (Oct. 20).  I'm guessing that the problem is that one run that day is posted in km instead of miles, or that there was a miles and a kilometers run on the same day.

For your convenience, here's a screenshot of the graph,

DaBurger

looks like it combined your 15k race that day with the 2 mile warm up. Since you didn't report a time for the warm up, it just divided the total 11.3 miles by the time of your race, giving the fast pace (6:21).

Know thyself.

kcam

looks like it combined your 15k race that day with the 2 mile warm up. Since you didn't report a time for the warm up, it just divided the total 11.3 miles by the time of your race, giving the fast pace (6:21).

GIGO

DaBurger

GIGO

Not necessarily, if I don't specify a time for a run, and look at my "monthly run stats" widget, my pace is only calculated from runs where I've specified a time and distance.

MTA: Which I'd consider it a more accurate representation of my pace, since it's likely that my pace from run to run is close to my pace from other runs, so throwing extra time, or distance in would produce misleading results.

Know thyself.

eric :)

DaBurger is right.  The software tallies, sums, or averages the data depending on the type of data being graphed.  It doesn't know that a workout is missing the duration or distance.  The same thing goes for the monthly stats.  If you do a search for all workouts in October, and then click on the summary button, you'll see the total duration matches your October stats on the summary page.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Oops, I didn't realize it was missing duration.  Infinite pace for a couple of miles really improves the average!  Still, if it's graphing pace, maybe it should disregard any run that's lacking a pace.