Black Toenails - Am I going to lose the nail? (Read 2073 times)

My sweet new crank!

prince J you beat me to the avatar update...just lost two more this weekend at PF CHANG RNR MArathon. BADGES OF HONOR!!! Black eye
    Ryan O'D Gurnee, IL by way of Madison, WI via Wichita, KS via Denver, CO
      I've had one black toenail and I ended up losing it a few weeks later. Dead
        just lost two more this weekend at PF CHANG RNR MArathon.
        I got another one there, but on the 1/2 Marathon... Confused
        "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.

thumbs up!

If they do hurt, then a hot pin can poke a hole through the top to relieve some pressure and drain the fluid out.
          My black toenail hurts. How bad does poking a hot pin through your nail hurt?
          2010 Goals
          1. get to and maintain 20 MPW
          2. sub 50 min Crazy Legs 8k -- April 10 (so close! 50:13... next year)
          3. sub 30 min 5k
          4. improved time in Madison half marathon -- May 10

The Greatest of All Time

Trent just had to ask for pictures. Ugh. I hate feet.
            all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.

Spartacus

I lost my toenail after my first marathon. It turned black and took about 2 months before it fell off. It required that I tape it down so it wouldn't get caught on socks or clothing. After about a year it grew back. Then, after running Miami last week, it happened again, with both big toes. A few days after the race I jammed my left toe under the bathroom sink and the blood seeped out, so no black toe! I know that I'll eventually lose it, but that's part of running. BTW, I was wearing broken in shoes and did nothing different during this last marathon. Sometimes it just happens.

Spartacus

curesfornail

spam

I had two as well. It took a while for them to grow back nicely. They didn't fall off, but just new nails grew back and I trimmed the old black ones gradually. Shoes, mileage and my running form all contributed I think.

5k - 20:56 (09/12), 7k - 28:40 (11/12), 10k trial - 43:08  (03/13), 42:05 (05/13), FM - 3:09:28 (05/13), HM - 1:28:20 (05/14), Failed 10K trial - 6:10/mi for 4mi (08/14), FM - 3:03 (09/14)

delicate flower

My black toenail from six years ago has grown back.

<3

keeponrunning

I've had several black toenails but never lost any, just usually the new nail grew in on top.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022