Effects with increase in weekly mileage and weight loss... (Read 633 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Can anyone share when they noticed the lbs dropping off??? I just hit 20 MPW for the second week in a row. Feeling good!! Trying not to push it too fast becasue I was hit with a knee injury that sidelined me in the past. I notice I'm feeling better, and times are gradually decreasing. Also, noticing clothes are fitting a bit more loosely. Just wondering if anyone who began running to loose excess bodyfat noticed an excelleration when the hit a certain weekly mileage? Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

va

Hi Dave, It really doesn't matters how many miles a week you run. To lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit. Look at the guys in the 2000 Mile Club who are running 40,50,60,... miles a week and most are not losing weight, because they eat enough to balance what they burn...
        I started running to lose weight as well and like you have been noticing significant increases in my health and happiness. I stopped watching the scales because even though all my clothes are growing and you can actually see a big change in my body I haven't actually lost much weght. My lean muscle mass has increased enough to counter the fat loss. I know I'm healthier and look better so why worry about the scale. Okay I still peak now again.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Ed4

Barefoot and happy

Keep up the good work! If those times are coming down, you know you're getting healthier. Weight by itself it not a great indicator of improvement, because many things can complicate your measurements (muscle vs fat, water weight, etc). Focus on building a healthy body, and your weight will take care of itself.
          Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.