weight loss downside (Read 725 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Having lost near to 6 stones now (83 lbs) I unfortunately have some loose skin on my belly - this was inevitable as I have lost so much. It hangs a little, and will take a long time to get it back. I have always exercised as I have been dieting, and in fact I was pleased last night when I got home and tensed my stomach abd was able to see an upper 4 abdominals!! Big grin Never in my life have I seen those muscles. I just want to know if anyone else has any experience regarding toning the lower area and anything which helps with the skin.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

derek

I took a look at your blog and your weight loss has been quite incredible. You also seem to have some pretty fast PR's. Have you only been running since August last year?

Derek

Slow-smooth-fast

yeah that is when I started, I dont know if I am going to reach my goal of sub 40 10k by the end of the year though, but I have come quite a long way.

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

2008 Philly Trifecta

was able to see an upper 4 abdominals!! Big grin
          Eddy- I'm sorta new to RA, and have really been impressed with your progress. Been looking up your past posts to see where you were, where I am now...amazing! Surprised Although I don't have any advice on the loose skin, I can tell you that I am extemely encouraged by you and the transformation you have made! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
          2008 Philly Trifecta:
          10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
          Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
          Philly Marathon-11/23
          "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

You are a big inspiration to me as well. I started running to lose some weight and have become addicted to pain sort of speak. I need to lose almost as much as you have and with just watching what I eat and running have been losing weight and noticing a difference in my body. Congratualtions and if all I have to wory about is a little loose skin when I'm done I'll be a happy man.

My sport's your sport's punishment

2012 goals

100 Km month         150 K month      200K month

5K run    10K run     20K run              30K run

sub 30 min 5K         sub 55min 10K

Slow-smooth-fast

thanks for all the comments and I am glad that I have inspired some of you. By the way I got weighed last night, and I am up to 83 lbs weight loss. Nearly to where I want to be. Keep up the work guys and if you need any advice on training or dieting feel free to mail me on pauledmondson@hotmail.co.uk