New Mexico Marathon RR (Read 877 times)

Apparently I'm the wrong person to ask Clowning around, but I certainly wouldn't tape unless you've been doing it in training. You might try a lube, vaseline, sportslick, body glide.
    I thought maybe with your past experience you'd still be one of the right people to ask, after all this race wasn't properly planned for you, so you had to expect some fall out! Ouch.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I'm really hoping that taping any of the usual suspect spots will help prevent me from getting any really bad blisters during Sunday's marathon. Do you have any suggestions?
      Blisters are temporary. Success is forever. Make sure your shoes are not too tight and your socks are technical. I would not tape or try anything you have not done in training. And if you get blisters, remember that it is just pain and keep running.
        Blisters are temporary. Success is forever. Make sure your shoes are not too tight and your socks are technical. I would not tape or try anything you have not done in training. And if you get blisters, remember that it is just pain and keep running.
        Cool Will do, blisters are actually the least of my worries, but since taping has worked for me in the past I'll continue to do so. Anything new will just be dealt with afterwards.

Michelle

Imminent Catastrophe

Hey Trent, I'll be awaiting your report on the Rio Grande Marathon. Sounds nice.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Great way to run an unplanned race. Very cool to even ettempt it. And what a great medal. Loved the reace report, too.....nice details.
            Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado