Groin Strain (Read 214 times)

MelRunner

Any advice from anyone on how to heal a groin strain quickly?  I ran 11 miles this past Saturday in preparation for a 1/2 marathon on Jan. 20.  I ran an easy 3 mi. on Tues. and easy 5 miles today (Thurs).  I still have a nagging soreness that I can't get rid of.

Been icing off and on.

Thanks.

Better I Leave

Been there, done that...not too long ago either. What did I do? I backed off my running completely for a week or so until I "felt" I could go back at it. This was right before my half in Walnut Creek last month. Quite frankly, if you can do 11 miles right now, taking some time off to heal between now and 1/20 isn't going to impact your performance much (if at all). Take it easy and you should be fine...IMHO.

xor

If you truly want to heal it "quickly", stop running on it until it is better.

THEN...

You need to address the cause.  Lots of these are muscle imbalance issues... either left side/right side or push/pull (adductor vs abductor).  And others are muscle weakness issues with other muscles causing the strained muscles to work too hard.

Better I Leave

If you truly want to heal it "quickly", stop running on it until it is better.

THEN...

You need to address the cause.  Lots of these are muscle imbalance issues... either left side/right side or push/pull (adductor vs abductor).  And others are muscle weakness issues with other muscles causing the strained muscles to work too hard.

In other words...LIFT HEAVY METAL!!! Go BIG...Go HARD.

**grin**

Well...heh...umm...That's what I'd do. **giggle**

MelRunner

Ha!  Thanks for the help.  
            Going to take a week off, ice and stretch it.  Was aiming for 8:30 miles,  not so sure that willl happen now.