New Orleans running ideas? (Read 1178 times)

jasfrmn

Glad I noticed this post...I am making my first trip to New Orleans tomorrow for the rest of the week and I packed the running gear.  Now I know where to run

Thanks

Best Present Ever

Glad I noticed this post...I am making my first trip to New Orleans tomorrow for the rest of the week and I packed the running gear.  Now I know where to run

Thanks

If you're interested in company for a run on saturday, send me a message!

Also, Young Slushie or others, is there anywhere to get water in the very early morning?  My run last week in Miami was rather traumatizing.  I wore a fuel belt,  but drank that water very quickly and was glad to find lots of water fountains (and a running groups coolers of cold water-- thanks whoever you were! *)  along the way. 

Kathryn

*I'm sure drinking that water was a bit like banditing a race, but I frequently volunteer to set up the water stops for our local running group during marathon training season.  Any out-of-towner who'd like to drink the Charlottesville Track Club's water while visiting is welcome to it!

born on the bayou

Hmm.

If you're planning on sticking to the St. Charles streetcar route, there aren't any water fountains along the way.  However, there are PLENTY of Walgreens, Rite Aids, convenience marts, etc. the entire route.

Depending your distance, if you run down St. Charles until you get to Audubon Park, there are water fountains there (two around the inside-paved track and two around the outside-unpaved track).  You can easily incorporate one of the loops into your run, or just dodge in, get a drink/refill, then return to the streetcar route.

- Amanda

Best Present Ever

So it appears I'm a poor reader. I didn't double check this thread last read a week ago before setting out to run this morning, and I attempted to run down the Canal St tracks. That didn't work so great. I was with a friend who decided 6 miles was her limit, so we ran 3 miles down canal, returned to the hotel, and then I ran down to Jefferson (?) Parish. it worked out. I had be repeatedly awakened by drunk college boys during the night, and the hotel lobby was still full of them, so we weren't in the mood to head toward more of them anyway. And thank goodness it cooled down. Friday am was near the most miserable run of my life, while this morning was almost pleasant.