Hi from a newbie (Read 818 times)

RunningHammer

Just to say hi to everyone Joined up a couple of days ago, been mapping my routes out and getting familiar with this fantastic website. I'm new to running, took it up 4 months ago to take part in the Great South Run in Portsmouth (UK) for Cancer Research. I amazed myself by losing about 30lbs and doing the 10 mile race in 1h25m - and in 2 weeks i'm running in the local HM! I must be going mad, i can't get enough of running! Big grin Cheers
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I must be going mad, i can't get enough of running! Big grin Cheers
      *sits next to RH in the asylum lounge* If you're mad, then you have LOTS of company here. I just started running in late March and ran my first glorious HM this past Sunday morning...6 weeks before that I ran a 10 miler, too (in addition to a handful of shorter races over the past 5 months). Now I'm seriously bummed that there are no other races within 2 hours of me until sometime in Feb. I've got that bug--bad! Welcome! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Running can definitely be a little addictive. Welcome to the site. Good luck on your HM!
        RunningHammer

Thanks for the welcome! I'm also considering a 10K in January though I've been warned it'll be a bit nippy - but the worst we get here (south coast of UK) is a light frost ... but at least there seems to be plenty of race action on in my area unlike Zoom's ! Wink
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Running can definitely be a little addictive. Welcome to the site. Good luck on your HM!
            Welcome, RunningHammer! Note to Eric: Perhaps you can rename this site RunningADDICT? Just a thought... Clowning around

Roads were made for journeys...

alright alright...I'm not a new runner- but what does HM stand for?! Headmaster? Harmonic Mean? Howler Monkey?! i looked here: http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=HM to no avail... what are you guys talking about!? ...it's going to be totally obvious I just know it... Undecided
              "The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost
              eric :)

alright alright...I'm not a new runner- but what does HM stand for?! Headmaster? Harmonic Mean? Howler Monkey?! i looked here: http://www.acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?String=exact&Acronym=HM to no avail... what are you guys talking about!? ...it's going to be totally obvious I just know it... Undecided
                HM = half marathon
                  see there? totally obvious. just keeping you guys on your toes around here...
                  "The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep." - Robert Frost

You'll ruin your knees!

Just to say hi to everyone Joined up a couple of days ago, been mapping my routes out and getting familiar with this fantastic website. I'm new to running, took it up 4 months ago to take part in the Great South Run in Portsmouth (UK) for Cancer Research. I amazed myself by losing about 30lbs and doing the 10 mile race in 1h25m - and in 2 weeks i'm running in the local HM! I must be going mad, i can't get enough of running! Big grin Cheers
                    Well hello, Davey! And welcome to RA.com! Be very careful, or before you know it, you'll be sneaking around to get that extra run in...oh, and be careful that you don't get in so far that you'll forget to stop running and come home! Glad to have you here, post early and often! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

JakeKnight

I amazed myself by losing about 30lbs and doing the 10 mile race in 1h25m - and in 2 weeks i'm running in the local HM! I must be going mad, i can't get enough of running! Big grin Cheers
                      Dude! Not bad! Were you a runner in your younger years, or just naturally gifted? And you did all that in 4 months? You're scary. Why, I'll bet that in ... (pause) ... nevermind. Ignore that last part. And WELCOME! Smile

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                      -----------------------------

Wingz

Professional Noob

Why, I'll bet that in ... (pause) ... nevermind. Ignore that last part.
                        ::SNORT::!!! TOO funny!!! Hmm. But only if you get the reference...

Roads were made for journeys...

bas

...nd in 2 weeks i'm running in the local HM! I must be going mad, i can't get enough of running! Big grin Cheers
                          ...then you may want to join the User Group Half Marathon Trainers, were some of us share our hard times & victories in Half Marathon land... And welcome! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East