New WR: Beer Mile (Read 244 times)

Maybe combine it all. drink a beer, solve a cube, run a lap.

Well of course the ultimate, from the beer mile site, is this one:

The Renaissance Mile (1 mile, solve a Rubik's cube, drink a 40oz of malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10' rim, play Chopin's Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, any order)
    Best known effort: rumored to be 29:09

Dave

JimR

My Chopin's not like it was in the 80s.

My Chopin's not like it was in the 80s.

it's not about form.  it's a race.  either way I figure it should only take 60 seconds based on the name of the ditty.

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message

I'm not sure I could do any one of those things on it's own. Well maybe run the mile, although slowly. And I suppose if given enough time I could choke down a 40 of Colt .45.

Dave

Well of course the ultimate, from the beer mile site, is this one:

The Renaissance Mile (1 mile, solve a Rubik's cube, drink a 40oz of malt liquor, dunk a basketball on a 10' rim, play Chopin's Minute Waltz, eat a pint of ice cream, any order)
            Best known effort: rumored to be 29:09

I'm on board with the beer-Rubik-run tri, but this one is out of my league.  'Twould take a fair amount of talent, not the least of which would be gastrointestinal.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject.

On On

Basically because I drink more than the average drinker and can put together a few miles in a row these two have always appealed to me.  Have yet to attempt either one though.  I could always try either at 3 Days at the Fair but not sure how well I could still work after trying the second one.  I could still function after doing the first.

• The 24 and 24 in 24 (24 beers, 24 miles, in 24 hours or less)
                  Best known effort: rumored to be 14 hours

• The Bicentennial (100 beers, 100 miles, any order)
                Best known effort: rumored to be 104 hours, 151 hours

that's almost an exponential deal there.  I mean, a lot of people could do 6 miles and a 6 pack in under an hour.  But 4 times the beer is going to require some processing time.  Still, I would think someone could do that in 12 hours if they really wanted to.  Run a morning marathon and drink all afternoon.  You even get to start drinking with 2.2 miles left in the marathon as you walk it in.  I'd probably down 4 of them on that walk.  Then you've got 20 beers in the remaining 7-8 hours.

In an infinite universe, the one thing sentient life cannot afford to have is a sense of proportion

http://htwins.net/scale2/scale2.swf?bordercolor=white&fb_source=message