Inappropriate smiling (warning: off color words and concepts) (Read 1117 times)

kcam

Used to be a singer back in the day going by the name of Englebert Humperdink.  Talk about a risk to change his name to that in the middle of his career.  

Used to be a singer back in the day going by the name of Englebert Humperdink.  Talk about a risk to change his name to that in the middle of his career.  

I can only assume that was a stage name. There was a classical composer  (late 1800's maybe) who had that name for real. Might have been just as goofy in those days, we'll never know.

xor

Which reminds me of backintheday when folks thought that there was a dude in Jethro Tull named Jethro Tull.  But that's not the 'aha'.

The 'aha' was when folks found out that Jethro Tull was, in fact, a real person.  From olden tymes.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I can only assume that was a stage name. There was a classical composer  (late 1800's maybe) who had that name for real. Might have been just as goofy in those days, we'll never know.

...of Hansel and Gretel fame.  I think the name isn't as funny sounding in Germany.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Which reminds me of backintheday when folks thought that there was a dude in Jethro Tull named Jethro Tull.  But that's not the 'aha'.

The 'aha' was when folks found out that Jethro Tull was, in fact, a real person.  From olden tymes.

Had to Wiki him.  He doesn't look much like a rocker.  Nice to have the seed drill, though.

Prince Humperdinck

xor

That took an inconceivably long time to get posted.

in other news, ben & jerrys have released their new flavor:

Ran across an invoice when I worked collections. John Holmes MD OB/GYN.

xor

Ran across an invoice when I worked collections. John Holmes MD OB/GYN.

Ha.

There's a race in Florida called the John Holmes 50k.

I like to tell people "I think the course is probably a little long and not very hard."

Most folks just take me at face value.

Ha.

I like to tell people "I think the course is probably a little long and not very hard."

Most folks just take me at face value.

I laughed.

On the contrary -- that course will bring you to your knees.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau