Do you have a GPS? (Read 6909 times)

No If i had one Any offers to bring one over and post it to me , i would send you payment via paypal and postage from UK. thanks
    ? Can't you get one in the UK?

Vim

Foca

Hey Eric thanks for taking the time to look into it: 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 - love it! 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? d love to, now I am currently using Sport Track, much better than the Gramin training centre programme 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. XP SP2 - Firefox 2.0.0.8 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. everything that is possible to do on SportTrack http://www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/ thanks mate
      Jeffrey

DW bought me a post-first-marathon pressie, so I can reply now! Smile 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin 305. 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Yes. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Mac Powerpc G5 (os 10.5), Mac Powerbook (os 10.4), iPhone (v.1.1.1 - quite possibly this is info-overkill?!) 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. The standard stuff that others have previously mentioned: - Date - Time of day - Distance - Duration - Avg. pace - Shoe tracking - Map can become part of my RunningAHEAD courses if I choose to add it
        whamblen

> 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 > 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? I would if this feature were available. > 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Ubuntu Linux 7.10 (which is part of why I would prefer GPX instead of some kind of direct from watch uploader like what I think motionbased.com has). > 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Let me upload a GPX file and associate it with a course. I have dozens of these already and it would be way too much work to redraw them using the Course Tool. I would suggest some sort of reasonable point limit. The tracks recorded by the Forerunner (even in smart recording mode) are far larger than they need to be to show where a route goes. I usually reduce them by a factor of 2 or 3 before using them on a google map and I suspect you could go a lot further than that.
          jlslatton

> 1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 205 > 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Absolutely... > 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. I have Win XP and a Macbook running 10.4 > 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. The importer can really be just a GPX importer. It doesn't HAVE to import directly from the device as the Garmins use their own format. GPS Babel could be used to convert the garmins tracks to GPX. For those of us with GPS devices, I think it's crucial that you guys have at least a GPX importer. One of the main purposes of my forerunner 205 was to better track my workouts. It's really a duplication of effort if I can't import them to runningahead. But thanks for even looking at it and considering it! Hope to see it soon.

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin ForeRunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? Ayup. 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP service pack 2 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. I'd like it to make me a post-workout bagel. If that isn't possible, being able to import a workout would be handy, with an option to automatically interface with your courses - if possible it would be neat if it could match to an existing course, and whether it can or not being able to save a course w/the map set up would be handy. It would also be neat if you could download a course to the watch to follow in a future workout. I've now used my watch a grand total of 1 time, so I'm not sure what my use of it is going to be like at this point. I'll get a better idea towards the end of the year when I start running regularly again.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

GPS unit: Garmin Forerunner 305 (just ordered this AM--woot!) Big grin 'puter: Mac OS 10.4.11, generally use Safari browser (3.0.4)

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

GPS unit: Garmin Forerunner 305 (just ordered this AM--woot!) Big grin 'puter: Mac OS 10.4.11, generally use Safari browser (3.0.4)
                  Congratulations Zoomie! Mine's enroute too! Woohoo! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

garmin 205. And I would love to be able to use it on this site. As it stands I have to use sporttrack.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Congratulations Zoomie! Mine's enroute too! Woohoo! Big grin
                      So...are you lovin' yours!? Mine is my new best friend (sorry, Eryn). Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

1) Garmin 205 2) Absolutely. Can't wait! 3) Windows XP SP2 - IE 7.0 4) At the very minimum, import and save course maps and mile splits.
                          Eric, What's the latest on gps and runningAhead? I have a garmin 305. I download the data to the garmin training center software and to sportTracks. Then I take the info and put it on my RunningAhead software. It'd be great to skip right to RunningAhead.
                          eric :)

Pat, I'm quite behind schedule with the GPS project and I'm very disappointed at my progress. I'm putting in a lot of hours into it right now trying to get it done as soon as possible. As I have indicated in another thread, I have a working client that can read and upload the data to the server. It needs a little bit of sprucing up to make it look nice. On the server side, I have code to accept and process the data. I still need to write the code that will store the data into the log. Right now, I'm 1/3 way through rewriting the edit run entry page. I upgraded to a new version of the development tool and it wasn't too compatible with the existing code, which is why I'm forced to redo the log pages. On the bright side, it's overdue and I'm making it work better. If I don't get any more interruptions, I should have it done in a couple of months. That's the best estimate I can give at the moment. eric Smile
                            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eric, you da man! I was patient for at least 6 months of lusting after my Garmin...I can definitely be patient for the awesome RA Garmin integration. Don't kill yourself doing this for a site that we all benefit from every day for FREE. It will be the icing on the cake, but even without icing cake is still damned good (hence my having to lay on the sofa to zip my jeans...mmmm...cake). Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

1. Which GPS do you use? Please include brand and model. Garmin Forerunner 305 2. Do you intend on importing your GPS data to RunningAHEAD.com? YES!!! 3. What computer are you using? Please specify operating system and its version. Windows XP SP2 - Latest version of Firefox & IE7 4. What do you want the importing feature to do? Please be as descriptive as possible. Pull GPS data, duration, distance, heart rate, lap information/mile or custom splits, date and time, display a map of the run. It would be nice if there were a time slider at the bottom of the map. As you moved the slider, it would draw the route you ran on the map. Thank you!!!