Who's racing this weekend? (5/17 and 5/18) (Read 868 times)

good luck everyone! midwest runner - you are going for the same time i'll be aiming for in my half in 2 weeks. be sure to report back on how you got on! i wasn't supposed to be racing this weekend but after running a huge PR a couple of weeks ago i got picked to run for my club's B team in a local XC relay. Eeeeeek!

A is A

I'll be "racing" a 5k this weekend, in Tucson, Az. I'm hoping to PR with, at the most, 32 minutes. My tempo runs have been pretty good lately, so I'm optimistic.
        I have a 5k Saturday. I'm hoping for under 29:43. My ds is getting into running and will be running the mile race.
        My wife is in your profession and I totally love your avatar!!! Good luck on the race. I will be running a 5K for sure.

"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas"  Davy Crockett

smc3720

I have the Ogden Marathon on Saturday

Outside Lane

Local 5K - Roadrunners 5K in beautiful Crystal Lake IL - just looking to have fun and enjoy a nice Sunday morning...It's supposed to rain tonight so should be crisp and cool in the AM for the race. This race has about 300 runners - it's a circuit race for the Chicago Area Runners Assoc (CARA) so it attracts quite a few competitive types. I'm not looking for a PR - just trying to keep my running season alive...and it's really better than sleeping in....

See how they run...

heelgrad92

I did a 5K today, finished in 19:46, 2 minutes and 9 seconds off my PR. I ran the first mile in 5:49, but I had a very hard time keeping the effort level up, I think because it was the first speed workout I have done all year. I have been doing about 45 miles a week of base mileage for the last three months, and I have gotten much faster at the aerobic heart rates, but a 5K is just whole different level of effort and I was not well prepared today. I just couldn't hold onto the higher heart rates like I did last Fall just before my marathon. I did win my age group though, which is a nice consolation for a subpar performance. I can't wait to run a couple of these this Fall a few weeks before I am peaking for my marathon.
              freckles

Glasgow Womens 10k, hoping to knock 25 minutes off my time for same race last year!!

You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.

Ostrich runner

Doing my first half, my first real race since fall '99. I'm behind on the training due to ITBS and a sinus infection, so I really have no idea what my goal is. Based on nothing, I'll say I'd like to do it in less than 2 hours, but who knows.... I'm a at a place in my training now that I feel like I would have a totally different race with three or four weeks of uninterrupted training. Oh well, it won't be my last.
                  1:54.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Bugs

Fargo Half Marathon Summary Very Fun Race. Start of race had perfect weather, 55F and 9 mph wind. Tons of people screaming, felt so very good the first few miles, really thought it was going to be my day. Not sure what chip time was, but my watch said 1:55. One minute short of goal. I was doing good till about mile 10 and was up against the wind and a blinding sun. Was 68F with 18 mph wind and it felt like it. I was dizzy the last mile, and really dizzy after finishing. Think maybe I did not drink enough. I drank at most water spots, but didn't walk and drink through them like I normally do. Was a very fun run, but at little disappointing because last year I was clearly in better shape. I was flying past people last year and this year it was work at the end. But even before the race I felt I was conditioned for a 1:55 not a 1:53. Hey it wasn't my idea to get sick the month of March. Race Course Funnies I ran behind this girl for awhile who's shirt I thought said, "I Run Faster because I Bone faster", couldn't figure out why she wanted to do that faster, later found out it said, "I Run Faster because I'm Done Faster." One of the spectators was praying, not a bad idea. Can't wait to see the race pictures, even though I did not run my goal, I threw my hands in the air and smiled for camera. Spits: 8:42, 8:33, 8:35, 8:31, 8:39, 8:46, 8:37, 8:44, 8:40, 9:00 (really fighting wind), 9:07 (wind and tired), 8:54, 8:45 (if you want to see something sad, look at splits from last year.) Garmin says I averaged 8:43. Next Race Need to drop 5 pounds and shake some booty with more pace runs. I am thinking of running a HM on June 1, how fast would you try to run that? Good base, for Twin Cities full, going to break four hours again on that day.

Bugs

Marine Corp Historic Half today. Weather was great and seemed to be fairly well organized for its inaugural running! Didn't PR, but have had knee injuries last couple of weeks, so I'm happy to have finished strong!!

Outside Lane

Local 5K - Roadrunners 5K in beautiful Crystal Lake IL - just looking to have fun and enjoy a nice Sunday morning...It's supposed to rain tonight so should be crisp and cool in the AM for the race. This race has about 300 runners - it's a circuit race for the Chicago Area Runners Assoc (CARA) so it attracts quite a few competitive types. I'm not looking for a PR - just trying to keep my running season alive...and it's really better than sleeping in....
                        Did about 28:15 - had fun!

See how they run...

Well I ran my first ever Half Marathon, wasn't all to happy with my time 2h09min, but seeing I've never ran more than 16 km I was happy to finish. It was the 3 Country Halfmarathon, wich started in Basel, Switzerland then went to St. Louis, France then to Grenzach in Germany and back to Basel
                          Lozza

I did the BUPA Manchester 10K in 59.36 which was under the hour i was aiming for and considerably quicker than last year's 68 minutes! More pleased with my split times for 1K, 5K and 5m which were incredibly evenly paced!
                            Nev

New Personal Best for 10 k 48:49 - and beat all the people from work who took part (includng the chairman). Very pleased and another step closer to sub 45 by the age of 45 !! Nev MTA spelling !!

Double IPA Please!

I raced yesterday. Beat my last 10miler by 6 minutes! Woot!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)