Unusual soreness (Read 652 times)

Thats rad

I have not been doing very much running lately (as you can see by my log), I've been doing a whole lot of surfing (every day). The area towards the front bottom of my ribcage (where my body would come into contact with the board has been very sore lately, and when I went on a run yesterday, I got stitches in my side in those two exact places after only a mile. But it didn't feel like a sore muscle, it felt like it's coming from underneath my ribcage like my lungs are bruised or something. Is it ok to keep running and or surfing?Anybody had this problem before?

Purdey

Self anointed title

Surfing the interwebs is dangerous.

Chris UK

Sounds like a repetitive or overuse injury strain. Look up "intercostal muscle strain" or "Costochondritis" or (if you have had a virus) "Bronholm Disease".

Failing an accurate diagnosis from an internet stranger a visit to your doctor is a good idea if the symptoms persist. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

I have not been doing very much running lately (as you can see by my log),

cant see your log

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Purdey

Self anointed title

Failing an accurate diagnosis from an internet stranger

I've missed "Chris UK".

jules2

I've missed "Chris UK".

and i know he's real because ive met him

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Chris UK

Hi guys Big grin

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

Thats rad

I changed the settings, you should be able to see the log now. And thanks Chris UK an intercostal muscle strain is what it appears to be. Pain has been persisting but thats because I've been surfing every day Big grin. But the swells are going to die down for another week or more, so it'll have time to rest. Probably not a good idea to run during this period is it?