Toe Separation? (Read 276 times)

I have been running since March of this year.

Recently I noticed a funny feeling in my toes and realized there is a gap between my second and third toes that was not there before. When I put weight on my foot, my second and third toes separate more. It doesn't hurt, it just feels sort of tingly.

Is this a bad thing? Can I keep running and let my feet do their thing? Or is this something that should be corrected before it gets worse?

Thanks in advance for any input!

I have been running since March of this year.

Recently I noticed a funny feeling in my toes and realized there is a gap between my second and third toes that was not there before. When I put weight on my foot, my second and third toes separate more. It doesn't hurt, it just feels sort of tingly.

Is this a bad thing? Can I keep running and let my feet do their thing? Or is this something that should be corrected before it gets worse?

Thanks in advance for any input!

This would be the 102nd use for duct tape. TIC

In all seriousness, no clue.  I really don't pay attention to the various gaps between my body parts. 

Singer who runs a smidge

Could it be Morton's Neuroma?  I must confess I don't know diddly about MN, just that I vaguely remember pics of a chick's feet that had really bad ones, and it looked like her toes were doing the Vulcan greeting.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

BoilerTom - I laughed at the duct tape! I love duct tape.

HopesMom - I googled Morton's Neuroma. It seems to fit. But if that's what this is, it's in the early stages since it doesn't hurt yet.  It looks like waiting to treat it is not such a great idea if I want to avoid surgery later. Thanks!