Is the Chicago Marathon fun? (Read 841 times)

Frank4

AFAIK, there aren't any secret caches of old medals stored away. I've seen people ask in the past, but never saw any helpful suggestions other than the obvious (ebay). I found a 1986 currently available, but no 1997. Sad
    Same here...haven't heard of anyone having any luck, not that I've heard of many even ask. Couldn't hurt to call their office or send them an email, if you haven't already.
    JakeKnight

AFAIK, there aren't any secret caches of old medals stored away. I've seen people ask in the past, but never saw any helpful suggestions other than the obvious (ebay). I found a 1986 currently available, but no 1997. Sad
      Thanks, Berner (and Frank4). I thought about checking ebay but I figured nobody'd try selling them. (Although maybe if they're old enough, they're collector's items?) One of these days I'll get around to calling or e-mailing Chicago and seeing what they can do. Maybe point me to to the place that made them or something. I know its silly, and wouldn't care if it weren't the first one. But it was.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Frank4

JK - was a bit bored at work this morning, so I called the marathon office...they have some old medals, but nothing back that far. The guy I talked to said maybe for the past 2 or 3 years, but that's it. He said you should have lost it sooner. Confused