fast people (Read 929 times)

do me a favor, anyone who can run 6:30 pace for men, or 7:30 pace for women on a 5k, just post a reply on this thread, casue i wanna look at some faster peoples training logs..and im sorta lazy so i dont wanna search =]

"Our workouts are longer than our shorts" SHS XC 2008

Okay. Just keep in mind that what we old farts are doing might not be what's best for a high schooler.

Runners run

oh yea i know, it just interests me to look at other peoples training logs

I can do a 7:30 5K, but it doesn't happen often Wink
          2009: BQ?
            Give me a month or two and I'll be running a 5k in 7:30

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Marathonmanleto

Another old fart reply. If you want to race fast--here's the secret...get used to running fast. There's no shortcuts. You get out what you put in. Very simple really.
                Another old fart reply. If you want to race fast--here's the secret...get used to running fast. There's no shortcuts. You get out what you put in. Very simple really.
                i know i know, im not looking for training secrets, even at my age ive read my share of articles and books, i just like seeing the accomplishments of other runners

Hyperspeed25

This is a good thing that you are interested in finding out how others train, what their logs look like. Because it means you have a willingness to learn and increase your knowledge of race specific training for your racing distance. I thought instead of just showing you a training program for a 5k I'd try to draw a picture of an effective way of aerobic conditioning. First - Start at a slow pace with low mileage/Build mileage by 5-10% per week until you have a good aerobic base Second - Third - Slowly add in speed, tempo, hills, long run, technique drills, weight training or any combonation Fourth - Prepare for race by decreasing mileage and increasing run pace to some above and some below race pace Fifth - 1-2 weeks before race, taper - step down mileage but keep pace close to race pace Another thing to consider. Level 1 - Develop Aerobic base (build build build) your aerobic conditioning will support all other training throughout your training Level 2 - Maintain Aerobic base (less mileage), Long Runs Level 3 - Tempo (approx. 80% of Max Heart Rate) Level 4 - Speed, Hills (Above 100% of VO2max = Anaerobic) Level 5 - Race Pace (Above 80% of Max Heart Rate)
                    i'm pretty fast, its been a while since i've done my log but just check the archives Cool 5:25 pr 5k
                      OK, I work in km. I can hold 3:50 for up to 10km then I start slowing down. Tongue

Marathon runners suffer the agony of da feet

This is a good thing that you are interested in finding out how others train, what their logs look like. Because it means you have a willingness to learn and increase your knowledge of race specific training for your racing distance. I thought instead of just showing you a training program for a 5k I'd try to draw a picture of an effective way of aerobic conditioning. First - Start at a slow pace with low mileage/Build mileage by 5-10% per week until you have a good aerobic base Second - Third - Slowly add in speed, tempo, hills, long run, technique drills, weight training or any combonation Fourth - Prepare for race by decreasing mileage and increasing run pace to some above and some below race pace Fifth - 1-2 weeks before race, taper - step down mileage but keep pace close to race pace Another thing to consider. Level 1 - Develop Aerobic base (build build build) your aerobic conditioning will support all other training throughout your training Level 2 - Maintain Aerobic base (less mileage), Long Runs Level 3 - Tempo (approx. 80% of Max Heart Rate) Level 4 - Speed, Hills (Above 100% of VO2max = Anaerobic) Level 5 - Race Pace (Above 80% of Max Heart Rate)
                        thanks alot, some of that i have heard before, but some was new, so thanks a lot for the tips

I was a 6:30 pacer until 2 years ago when we had our son. My running took a back seat and my times went up. Now every time he says "Daddy, let's go run" I jump at the opportunity and put him in the running stroller and off we go. He loves it. We did 7 miles yesterday (after 14 the day before). He talked non-stop for the first 3 miles, slept the last 4, then woke up when we were done and said "we ran a long way Daddy". I just smiled and said yes.
                          http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
                          vicentefrijole

Back in highschool my 5K PR was somewhere just over 16:20 (16:23 if I can remember correctly?)... but now I'm training for the longer stuff (marathons and halves) and my 5Ks are a lot slower (and that kind of speed feels pretty awful if you don't train for it correctly!). I'd love to get back to training for 5K and 10K, though.... those distances are really exciting! Nice job with that 4:56 mile! How'd your XC season go?
                              as far as my xc season went, it was decent, it was my first year doing it, (soccer the year before), so i didnt really know how to run the longer distances till midway into the season, then for the state championship meet i was sick, so i definately didnt run as good as i could of, i ended up running my worst time there (19:32 i think), go figure 18:03 was my pr this season, close to breaking 18, but i can deal without it

farandfast

Jackalope

I run for my high school too but you might want to look back at past months since right now I'm playing basketball and there is less than optimal time for running.

"Knowing others is intelligence; knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true fearlessness." -Laozi