Silly stuff you can't make up #691: The newest rnr sponsor is... (Read 1139 times)

xor

Julia1971

Ba duh ba ba ba.  I'm lovin' it! 

I hope next year's National Marathon (yep, still not calling it whatever they renamed it) has a McFlurry Party Tent instead of Michelob Light.

I friended Grimace on Facebook. Maybe I should ask him how he feels about this...

Feeling the growl again

Why do I not find this all that surprising...McDonalds is not stupid, they myst be confident that they are reaching their target demographic....

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

A Saucy Wench

So PF Changs had the "training table " menu for awhile.  Will McDonalds? 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

personally for me the sponsors don't affect or change me. although their are probably some that would cause me not to participate.  Don't like seeing McDonalds as sponsor but we all have choices.  I never go to any of the fast food joints & having one as a sponsor will not change my habits.  Will this be sending another false message to the young or uneducated or those not as motivated to stay healthy?  probably not, because this is corporate America & we are already bombbarded daily by the advertisers with the most money-such as McDonalds.  I don't think anybody will associate them with healthy lifestyle no matter how much they advertise.  We all know smoking is unhealthy, we all know fast food is unhealthy. We know.  we all make choices.  If someone does not participate in certain events because of certain sponsors its their choice. 

I am very cost conscious when it comes to which races/events I do, so the only way it affects me is indirect.  If certain sponsors help keep the costs down then it increases chance of my participation. 

ba ba ba ba baa

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Yeah, it's not surprising. McDonalds has been a sponsor of the Olympics for a long time; in London, they are opening a 1500 seat restaurant in Olympic Park and will have an outlet in the athletes' village. It's all about money, not image.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

bhearn

Funnier for me was the Dunkin Donuts Cape Cod Marathon. I was so pissed, though... plenty of donuts available before the race, but I stop eating two hours before a marathon. And donuts at the finish... but only for the volunteers! I really wanted a damn donut.
                  AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I hope next year's National Marathon (yep, still not calling it whatever they renamed it)....

I think the official name is "The Rock'n'Roll Not-the-National Marathon"

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Generally speaking I'm happy whenever any company helps lower the cost for an organization to put on a race.

Except this is RnR. Maybe they're paying them...

Evil

Meet McRunner, someone from my area that I've ran with a few times (on his easy days): 

http://www.suntimes.com/news/4212103-418/mcrunner-trains-for-marathon-by-eating-only-mcdonalds.html

After this one month experiment, he set a PR at the LA marathon in horrible weather in the 2:36is range. 

“I can do it because I’m running 100 miles a week,” he said.

If the fire is hot enough...

also, it's not like this is the first time we've seen mixed messages with our food.

xor

Heh.  This is my picture elsewhere.  I used it here for awhile too.

bhearn

also, it's not like this is the first time we've seen mixed messages with our food.

My god. I thought, no way could that be real. But it is.