Join Adidas AdiPURE Class Action (Read 1089 times)

I drank Red Bull.  I've got no wings. 

#artbydmcbride

My Double-Dry sportsbra left my boobs all sweaty after my run.  Angry

Runners run

I'm personally tired of lawyers getting rich via class action suits.

+1.

I don't know what adidas actually claimed (of course, I was the one to laugh about that Reebok shoes what shapes up your butts) but really?  I mean, do you really seriously consider ALL those marketing lines as a lie?  So if I buy Arby's and if I don't see a hand coming out of the paper bag to shake my hand, can I sue them?  Someone mentioned Newton shoes; I've been associated with them from the beginning--I think they had the right concept; just in case if you didn't know, way back way before the Harvard Professor started to talk about barefoot running.  Seriously, you can't say "...you can run forever!"?  I thought, not for sure, you'd see that kind of marketing lines ALL OVER the place!!  

Actually the one I hate most is that Bowflex machine--something about 3 exercises put together in one.  It goes; "It burns more calories without pounding of running..."  It's not a lie.  But it just insinuate so much that this would burn more calories THAN running.  It never says WHAT it burns more calories THAN compared to.  It burns more calories than, what, sleeping?  Well, it's not a lie!!  And it very cleverly show an illusion that it actually burns calories of those 3 exercises PUT TOGETHER.  They don't say it, but they certainly insinuate it.  Very clever...  But I personally hate that strategy!!  But I guess legally they are fine.

JimR

My Double-Dry sportsbra left my boobs all sweaty after my run.  Angry

We request photographic evidence of the aforementioned allegation.

MrH

In addition to being a runner myself, I am also a class action attorney. Adidas has recently been hit with claims that its adiPURE shoes that do not actually deliver the promised increased training efficiency and decreased risk of injury.

What specific claims did Addidas make regarding the adiPURE shoe that is misleading?

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

JimR

You folks need to learn to be all warm and fuzzy like on Runner's World

Sees-the-Ground

barefootin'

I gotta start wearing shoes or my running will never make me rich.

Bill Wagnon / stl

xor

I bought some Hai Karate when I was a kid.  Women did NOT attack me.  (the campaign was kiped by Axe many years later)

JimR

I think Letsrun would be a good place to look for candidates.  I mean, improved performance and reduced injury?  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the entire Letsrun community was wearing these things.

All due respect to Mr. Weeden (who apparently finds plaintiffs on a freelance basis and passes them along to other firms), but it's hard to see the lawsuits against minimalist shoes as little more than a law-firm cash grab.  NO ONE with a functioning brain and the ability to read could believe that strapping on those shoes and running would make one faster, stronger, reduce their overall risk of injury, and all delivered with absolutely no side effects or "growing pains".

But it's not about assembling a case strong enough to go to court with, as evidenced by the recent trend toward lawsuits sounding in false advertising.  It's about assembling leverage to shake down the defendant.  Nutella, computer memory, De Beers, 24 Hour Fitness, iTunes, American Express ... the class members get basically nothing (and rightly so, in most cases), but millions are paid out in fees and costs to the counsel.

And good luck with the CPI and Bank of America trolling, too!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Kalsarikännit

I think Letsrun would be a good place to look for candidates.  I mean, improved performance and reduced injury?  It wouldn't surprise me at all if the entire Letsrun community was wearing these things.

Letsrun is just as bad as adidas.  My dreams have not yet become reality.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

If this lawsuit goes anywhere, I do hope that all of your forum threads trolling for clients get produced in discovery.  At least it will give the doc reviewers something entertaining to read.

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

jeffdonahue

I'm personally tired of lawyers getting rich via class action suits.

+10000000

the only people that actually make any money off a class action suit are the blood-sucking lawyers.  My company was part of such a class actions suit and eventually settled for about $15M.  Of that, the lawyer took about $9M and each person ended up getting, on average about $2.00.   So how is that really helping anyone but the lawyers?

xhristopher

+10000000

the only people that actually make any money off a class action suit are the blood-sucking lawyers.  My company was part of such a class actions suit and eventually settled for about $15M.  Of that, the lawyer took about $9M and each person ended up getting, on average about $2.00.   So how is that really helping anyone but the lawyers?

Exactly.

I do understand the threat or possibility of such suits helps "guide" business to make better choices, which benefits consumers. I just wish they would/could bundle the penalty/settlement and donate it to charity or allow it to do some good rather than divide it into tiny, tiny worthless checks.

Here's a check that arrived in my mail last year. I never joined the suit. It just arrived and I wasn't bothered to cash it. No doubt the printing and postage cost more than the payout.

So much less satisfying than if some guy had to write out each check for 6 cents...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/an-TEDR4nnmthbJmm/the_jerk_1979_losing_everything/

Your honor, we, the jury, find for the plaintiff.
                                I award to Mr. Reiner...
                                ...and the other 9 million...
                                ...987 thousand...
                                ...652 plaintiffs...
                                ...the full amount of the suit.
                                Court is adjourned.
                                -Navin. -Honey, can't you see l'm drinking?
                                Pay to the order of...
                                ...Mrs. Wilbur Stark...
                                ...one dollar and nine cents.
                                Pay to the order of...
                                ..."lron Balls" McGinty...
                                ...one dollar and nine cents.