Quoting multiple posts (Read 61 times)

How do you quote more than one other post, within a post? I know how to quote one, but don't know how to insert a second.

Dave

day after day sameness

There's nothing in the forum software to do a multi-source quote for you. On way is to start the reply with your first quote, then open a new browser tab / browser instance and get the second quote started in there, switch to HTML mode in the editor and grab the html for quote 2 and paste it into the first reply.

That's not all that clear, so quick summary: Start reply with quote1,  then open new browser tab to start quote2, copy html from quote2 to quote1.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Well at least I don't feel too bad I couldn't figure it out myself, because I never would have come up with that!

I have seen a lot of people do it, I assumed it was something straightforward.

I will give it a try.

Dave

I'm back!

Easier than that: to quote two posts,

- Quote the first one

- Copy the reply with the quote in it (select all & copy in the reply area)

- Go back (don't post the reply)

- Quote the second one

- Paste into the reply (inserting the first quote)

You don't need two windows / panes, or html mode.

So I should be able to quote this one

There's nothing in the forum software to do a multi-source quote for you. On way is to start the reply with your first quote, then open a new browser tab / browser instance and get the second quote started in there, switch to HTML mode in the editor and grab the html for quote 2 and paste it into the first reply.

That's not all that clear, so quick summary: Start reply with quote1,  then open new browser tab to start quote2, copy html from quote2 to quote1.

And this one.

- Quote the first one

- Quote the second one

You don't need to windows / panes, or html mode.

Piece of cake, thanks!

Dave

HobbyJogger & HobbyRacer

So I should be able to quote this one

And this one.

- Quote the first one

- Quote the second one

You don't need two windows / panes, or html mode.

Piece of cake, thanks!

Didn't know that copy & paste like that without using html mode worked - thanks bhearn.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.