What is your favorite beer? (Read 3172 times)

prodiro

Oh yea it's always fun to try out local offerings.  It seems like just about every town now has its local micro brewery!

If you don't like belgian style ales or massive stouts, you probably won't like Goose Island's offerings I was referring to then!  Those styles really seem to be their specialty.

A cool session beer that's come out recently is Founders All Day IPA.  I was just enjoying it last night actually.  It's not super bold in any way, but is nice and balanced and low ABV.  It's perfect if you need to drive.  While many of my favorite beers are 8% and above, I really do appreciate a tasty beer that you can drink when socializing.

Prince of Fatness

A cool session beer that's come out recently is Founders All Day IPA.  I was just enjoying it last night actually.  It's not super bold in any way, but is nice and balanced and low ABV.  It's perfect if you need to drive.  While many of my favorite beers are 8% and above, I really do appreciate a tasty beer that you can drink when socializing.

I like Founders and the All Day IPA has gotten good reviews but I didn't really like it that much (and I like hops).  I thought that it was a little light bodied to balance out the hops.  Agree that low ABV craft beer has its place.  If you want a nice low ABV beer with some good flavor try the 21st Amendment Bitter American.  Real tasty and only 4.4%.

Not at it at all. 

Kalsarikännit

While a bit outside the strict definition of session beer, I like Tyranena's Bitter Woman IPA (5.75%).

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

While a bit outside the strict definition of session beer, I like Tyranena's Bitter Woman IPA (5.75%).

So how many of them can you have before you get blotoed?

Jeff

Kalsarikännit

So how many of them can you have before you get blotoed?

Me personally?  About one an a half. I'm a cheap date. Big grin

Kalsarikännit

Speaking of good beer, I just arrived in Asheville. Hiking tomorrow, breweries today. I see good beer in my future.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ashville: Bruisin Ales.

Kalsarikännit

Ashville: Bruisin Ales.

Closed today. I already tried.

Ostrich runner

Speaking of good beer, I just arrived in Asheville. Hiking tomorrow, breweries today. I see good beer in my future.

Used to live there. What have you already tried? You know where you're hiking yet?

mta: hit up Wedge brewing

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Kalsarikännit

Used to live there. What have you already tried? You know where you're hiking yet?

Mt Mitchell and stringing up a bunch of 6000 ft peaks after that. I'm trying to do all of the Southern Sixers. I ran at Bent Creek last time I was here.

I hit Lexington Ave Brewery earlier.  Nothing special there. I'm in Weaverville right now, but heading back to Asheville soon.  Unfortunately I won't be able to hit Oskar Blues in Brevard. I was at Asheville Brewing Co when I was here two months ago. I think I will hit Wicked Weed brewpub soon. What am I missing?

MTA:  Just found out about Green Man Brewery.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey Wrigs, make sure to check out Green Man.

Ostrich runner

Mt Mitchell and stringing up a bunch of 6000 ft peaks after that. I'm trying to do all of the Southern Sixers. I ran at Bent Creek last time I was here.

I hit Lexington Ave Brewery earlier.  Nothing special there. I'm in Weaverville right now, but heading back to Asheville soon.  Unfortunately I won't be able to hit Oskar Blues in Brevard. I was at Asheville Brewing Co when I was here two months ago. I think I will hit Wicked Weed brewpub soon. What am I missing?

Try Pisgah and Wedge.

For 6ers, definitely do the Art Loeb trail (and heading out there you'll go near a few other breweries too). Bent Creek is good for it's accessibility, but it's one of the least scenic trails out there. If you want some really good climbing and descending, do Kitsuma trail on the way out to Pisgah Brewing.

Ostrich runner

Hey Wrigs, make sure to check out Green Man.

Yeah, Jack of the Wood/Green Man is a landmark. Upstairs there is a vegan restaurant that's alright. Early Girl is better food very close.

Kalsarikännit

Try Pisgah and Wedge.

For 6ers, definitely do the Art Loeb trail (and heading out there you'll go near a few other breweries too). Bent Creek is good for it's accessibility, but it's one of the least scenic trails out there. If you want some really good climbing and descending, do Kitsuma trail on the way out to Pisgah Brewing.

Sadly I fly out tomorrow. Damn job. No breweries tomorrow. There will be a very early start to the day. I will be doing the Deep Gap/Black Mountain Crest Trail. The hiking was decided long ago. I'm a planner. The beer I can wing.

No more marathons

MTA:  Just found out about Green Man Brewery.

Too bad you won't get to Oskar Blues.  Their 10 fidy is wicked.

If you can get to the Thirsty Monk in downtown Ashevile they are serving that in their upstairs.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!