2013 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread (Read 2202 times)

xor

Ok, I found the place, now what?

Suppose I should introduce myself - I'm 42, female, about to run Honolulu marathon tomorrow and aiming for 2:50ish. Current PR is 2:54:54 set in July at Gold Coast. oh yeah, I live in Australia.

Another RWOL refugee to add to the list!

There are a bunch... I mean A BUNCH of Australians checked into the hotel I'm at (the Aqua Wave).  I'm assuming there was some sort of package deal. 

Good luck tomorrow.  I will be 30 minutes to 3 hours behind you, depending.

Mr MattM

Ok, I found the place, now what?

Suppose I should introduce myself - I'm 42, female, about to run Honolulu marathon tomorrow and aiming for 2:50ish. Current PR is 2:54:54 set in July at Gold Coast. oh yeah, I live in Australia.

Another RWOL refugee to add to the list!

Now, we get to cheer for you!!!!

be curious; not judgmental

[Competitive] Jerk

I ran a 5K this morning as a last minute decision fueled by perfect conditions and an incredibly fast certified course. Ended up winning by almost 2 minutes and setting a 13 second PR in the process. I'm pretty stoked with the result to say the least. Race report here: Military Superhero's 5K.

jackdyl11

Good job Greg! Especially since you were by yourself, that takes toughness.  

Mr MattM

I ran a 5K this morning as a last minute decision fueled by perfect conditions and an incredibly fast certified course. Ended up winning by almost 2 minutes and setting a 13 second PR in the process. I'm pretty stoked with the result to say the least. Race report here: Military Superhero's 5K.

Boom! Way to take what the day gives you!

be curious; not judgmental

blaupunk

i'm here too.  woo.

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Good luck to the Australian marathoners tomorrow(today?)

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

CalBears

Great job Greg, monstrous time!

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

rachellara

Wow Rachel - you are doing this before the race? When is the pasta time?

Just heading to bed now after a day of carb-loading. We'll be getting up at 2:45am!!

M 2:54:54 I HM 1:23:39

www.runnerrachel.blogspot.com

rachellara

There are a bunch... I mean A BUNCH of Australians checked into the hotel I'm at (the Aqua Wave).  I'm assuming there was some sort of package deal. 

Good luck tomorrow.  I will be 30 minutes to 3 hours behind you, depending.

Oh hey, SRL, I had no idea you were running Honolulu. I have no idea about package deals, but it's not too bad of a flight to Hawaii from the east coast of Australia, so it's a nice trip to tie in with a race.

Good luck tomorrow, if only I knew what you look like, I would look out for you at the finish.

M 2:54:54 I HM 1:23:39

www.runnerrachel.blogspot.com

I won't steal her thunder...let's just say Racherella got a monster time...

xor

I won't steal her thunder...let's just say Racherella got a monster time...

For the Honolulu Marathon, we had great conditions today.  We usually do not. WOOHOO!

bhearn

Hey, it's still 2012 -- this year's results should go in that thread. But congrats anyway, rachellara!

2012 Sub-3:00 Marathon Goal Thread

cc4life07

Wind is not my friend.

Awesome job Rachellara!  Honolulu must be a nice place to spend after a marathon!

"Current" PRs

5K - 18:00 (4/19)   |   HM - 1:19:28 (4/22)

Next Race: A 5K of some sort (Goal: Sub 17:30)

lagwagon

I have a training question for those of you with more marathon experience.

I've been building mileage all year, and have been doing 50+ mpw for the last few months.  I'm planning to do a marathon in early May, and will start a training program on Jan 1 (Pfitz 18.70).

I'm reading the Pfitz book and he talks about macrocycles...is this something I need to be concerned with?  Specifically, should I plan to cycle down for a couple weeks at the end of this month?  

The paradox is I have a lot of vacation time to burn and was looking forward to running without the stress of work/travel for a couple weeks.  (Hit some long trails, etc).

Fwiw, no injuries, I feel good, and I don't feel burned out at all.  I'm sure I'd enjoy fresher legs, but c'mon, thats not how to get to sub 3, is it? Thoughts on whether I should I consider a short layoff / downcycle?