Garmin 310XT (Read 268 times)

A Saucy Wench

I know there are a bunch of threads about it and  I found one a few days ago that mentioned downloading the files through the charging cable rather than through the ANT?  But of course now I can not find that thread again

I cant get the ANT to sync at all and since I want to put the files here rather than in garmin connect I thought I would try that route.  But I can not get my computer to recognize the watch on its own.  I can't get ANT to connect to the watch.

And what the hell, they dont even send out owners manuals anymore?

OK I got the ANT to sync again...one download down.  This is not an improvement.  I miss my 205 already

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

With mine I have several diffrerent quirks, and one of them is that if the ANT agent doesn't find the device I have to right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and enable pairing, because it seems to constantly reset to  "pairing  disabled."

PRs: 5K: 21:25, 10K: 44:05, HM: 1:38:23* (downhill), M: 3:32:09

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I don't think you can transfer data via the power cable.

Here is another thread about 310xt transfer problems: https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?31083-310XT-quot-quot-Last-transfer-with-device-Forerunner-310XT-on-9-30-2012-8-55-55-PM-failed-quot

Below is an excerpt from that thread.

Important note: The hard reset sometimes deletes all activities on the watch; apparently even garmin support doesn't know why it sometimes deletes everything and sometimes does not.

Soft Reset: lap + mode
        Hard Reset: mode + power
        Hard Reset no prompt: enter + mode + tap power button
        Get PC to recognize forerunner after corrupted software: up arrow + power
        Re-acquire satellites: down arrow + power
        Diagnostics: enter + power

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

A Saucy Wench

With mine I have several diffrerent quirks, and one of them is that if the ANT agent doesn't find the device I have to right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and enable pairing, because it seems to constantly reset to  "pairing  disabled."

What i found is that my watch keeps resetting to pairing disabled.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

noroll

What i found is that my watch keeps resetting to pairing disabled.

I "think" that pairing refers to pairing a new device, not one already paired.

Either way I could only get mine to work with a hard reset. I did not lose data.

Been fine since.

Don't bother me, I'm thinking.

A Saucy Wench

I "think" that pairing refers to pairing a new device, not one already paired.

Either way I could only get mine to work with a hard reset. I did not lose data.

Been fine since.

Well, when I set it back to yes, it worked.  And when it set itself back to no it did not work.

I've seen several references to "right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and enable pairing".  I right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and I get no options for pairing at all. In fact the only option i get is to close the program.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My ANT agent has just lost my watch again. But it still uploaded the data to garminconnect -- so it's not really lost the watch, it's just buggy. So I can't use the regular upload from watch, because the stupid ant agent won't list the device for RA; I have to upload the file out of the local temp area where the agent dumped it.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

eric :)

This is a common problem with the Ant Agent and RA is often blamed for it.  I'm thinking that the first website that it uploads to corrupts the Ant Agent data so that subsequent websites can't access the data.  I don't have a 310XT so I can't test that theory.

noroll

Well, when I set it back to yes, it worked.  And when it set itself back to no it did not work.

I've seen several references to "right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and enable pairing".  I right click on the ANT icon in the taskbar and I get no options for pairing at all. In fact the only option i get is to close the program.

When I was having problems enable  pairing worked once for me but never again. It also says " pair  with new devices" so that's what I assumed.

Like I said mine has been fine since so today I disabled pairing before I uploaded my run and it still worked fine. I think its something else that's  wonky. Did you try a hard reset?

noroll

This is a common problem with the Ant Agent and RA is often blamed for it.  I'm thinking that the first website that it uploads to corrupts the Ant Agent data so that subsequent websites can't access the data.  I don't have a 310XT so I can't test that theory.

I upload to Garmin and SportTracks. I export from ST to RA  so for me it wasn't you eric

I usually upload to SportTracks, then RA. Seems to work no matter what order I do it. I've had problems with the Ant Agent before but can't remember what I did to fix it.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

A Saucy Wench

I saw that, so I have never uploaded to anywhere else.  It took 5 resets of the watch pairing setting just to get it to pair successfully at all.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

I've loved my 310 until a couple weeks ago.  Been having the same pairing problems

over the past few weeks.  Once I do get it paired it will up load to Garmin Connect but RA

can't "see" it.  And I've had to re-pair each time I use it.  Automatically un-pairs.

Lately I've used my husband's old 305 so as not to have to deal with it.

Anyway, I just did a hard reset (repeatedly) and it seems to be working.  For now...

steph  

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I've loved my 310 until a couple weeks ago.  Been having the same pairing problems

over the past few weeks.  Once I do get it paired it will up load to Garmin Connect but RA

can't "see" it.  And I've had to re-pair each time I use it.  Automatically un-pairs.

Lately I've used my husband's old 305 so as not to have to deal with it.

Anyway, I just did a hard reset (repeatedly) and it seems to be working.  For now...

Did the hard reset cause you to lose data in the 310xt that hadn't been uploaded yet?  I am dealing with this situation at the moment, and I've got a week's worth of runs I haven't uploaded yet.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass