Auto TZ adjust for GPS upload times? (Read 21 times)

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Would be nice if the uploader adjusted automatically for your run's time-zone as per your GPS coordinates.

I'm in the UK right now (normally on the East Coast of the USA): all my runs are a few hours off.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

eric :)

I think this is the problem that Run To Win was having a few weeks ago.  It is certainly possible to calculate local time based on GPS data.  The hard part is finding cost effective services to provide lat/lng lookup and time zone conversion data.  The time zone is tied to your computer's time.  As a work around, if you change your computer's time, then the workout time should be correct.

eric Smile

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Interestingly, the watch auto-adjusts for local time the first time it hits a satellite.  At least according to the watch-face clock.

Too bad that isn't kept anywhere in the data-file.  Maybe I'll fix my wife's computers' TZ Wink

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

eric :)

The local time can be obtained, but I don't know if it's more reliable than say the computer's time.  There are some GPS models that do not update the time zone automatically.  I have a 110 and it does it sporadically.  I'm not sure under what condition would it update either.