1st Tempo Run under 8:00/mile (Read 899 times)

PWL

Has been

Did my first 3-mile tempo run at under an 8:00/mile pace! Except the RA pace calculator doesn't calculate to the millionths of a second or whatever, so I only get credit for an 8:00/mile. Roll eyes Oh well. I know I did it. Not bad...from a pack a day habit to an 8:00/mile tempo run in 4.5 months. Kick @$$!! Big grin

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Nice job. Looks like you crushed your listed 5k PR pace in your temp run, too. Big grin

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

PWL

Has been

Nice job. Looks like you crushed your listed 5k PR pace in your temp run, too. Big grin
        Yeah...that "PR" was really a 5k that I didn't train for--in fact I hadn't run in about 8 months when i ran it. That was a race that was short enough that I could run it on pure adrenaline. But I hurt like hell for about two weeks afterwards and in reality am lucky I didn't injure myself in the process...

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not bad...from a pack a day habit to an 8:00/mile tempo run in 4.5 months. Kick @$$!! Big grin
          *bows* That is REALLY an amazing accomplishment! My dad is currently trying to quit. Took almost having a stroke and having to have carotid artery surgery to give him the incentive. I'm glad you are nipping things in the bud now. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Way to go PWL!! You're my running hero (of course, I am a little partial).
              Awesome! I just Love to hear about people ending that nasty habit of smoking, better yet is that you have a habit of running now. Big grin Nice tempo pace, congratulations.

Michelle