Should I sell my inline skates? (Read 978 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

So I bought this pair of skates a year ago and have used them exactly ONCE, just going slowly up-and-down our street with my son while he rode on his little bike with training wheels. My intent was to have a way to keep up with him on his bike. Then just after I bought them the leaves started to fall and muck up the paved paths...and then this Spring I rediscovered running and found that it took up any extra time that I might have otherwised used for skating...and the rest is history. So I have these lovely skates that I think I paid about $150 for sitting unused in my closet. Anyhow, I am pretty much stuck on this running thing and my prior history with inline skating was a pretty short and clumsy one, anyhow. At this moment I don't really see myself making use of those skates and am thinking I might be smart to unload them on eBay (I figure I could get at least $100 for them), since I could use the cash to pay on my CC bill (seeing as how I recently bought new running shoes and gear for cooler weather running). But then an irrational part of me thinks they might be nice to keep around...taking up space in my already teeny closet. What would you do in my, ahem, shoes. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, so since I had the bug up my butt I went ahead and listed them. Talked to DH right before he left work and he agreed that it made more sense to have the $$ if I'm not likely to use them, anyhow. And I'm such a klutz (I have a sort of painful history with inline skates, actually, heh...) that I think I've avoided using them for fear of injuring myself and not being able to run. We have a nice trail-a-bike for our son that he should fit perfectly next year (he was just a tad small this season), so hopefully we will get some family rides in next year. I have a cheezy Schwinn mountain bike that hasn't seen my butt much post-kid and hubby loves biking so much that it makes sense that any cross-training I do be something I can do with my guys. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay