Who's racing this weekend? (Read 589 times)

whatcha doin' ? goals? I have the La Jolla Half...goal is to finish happy. Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

No races this weekend. Good luck and good running in the La Jolla half. Look forward to reading your report.
      My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

10 miler tomorrow. My goal is to beat my previous PR (shouldn't be hard...about 9 minutes slower than my virtual race PR, LOL) and have a great time. 3 more weeks until my 25k, so I'm sorta treating it as a hard training run. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Yep, La Jolla HM. Looks like it is going to be cold and wet, ok cold for us So Cal types... Feeling a little nervous as this will be my first official race.
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Jason, you don't mess around--HM as your first race! Good luck, peeps. I woke an hour early and couldn't fall back to sleep, so I showered...I never shower before running, but I figured it would wake me up. Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Not this weekend, but on Tuesday night. Just a local 5 mile race. My first race for about 2 years so should be fun. Confused

Member Since 2008

5K in about two hours, just going through my prerace rituals......goals, keeping up with the rabbits.
                  Run in the Hay 5k tomorrow (Birdsboro) with my 12 y/o, this will be his first. I'll be running his pace so we finish together, I'm guessing he'll (we'll) do about 30 minutes. I'll let him control the pace. I won't tell him this but I'm hoping he finishes under 30.

Michelle

muse_runner

keep running.

Gooooo Jen (life's a beach) Gooooo Mississippi!! Go on girls. Show 'em what your made of. What's your time goal Jen? Mississippi--great time goal. That's cool you can run with Hub. My beastie is a professional TV watcher and couch surfer. And he still looks muscular. (Grrr) It's nice a cold weather for a great race! Good luck girls!
                    running until I hit 1900 miles for the year. whether fast or slow I will just run.
                      Run in the Hay 5k tomorrow (Birdsboro) with my 12 y/o, this will be his first. I'll be running his pace so we finish together, I'm guessing he'll (we'll) do about 30 minutes. I'll let him control the pace. I won't tell him this but I'm hoping he finishes under 30.
                      that is SO cool! Definitely look forward to a race report...pics? I can NOT for the life of me, motivate my 12yo to run. And he's wicked fast...like a 7:30 mile with no training. The turkey is just like.."ehn. whatever..." Angry

Jennifer mm#1231

Not this weekend, but on Tuesday night. Just a local 5 mile race. My first race for about 2 years so should be fun. Confused
                        wow, a weekday race? good luck, it'll feel great getting back into races. Smile

Jennifer mm#1231

Yep, La Jolla HM. Looks like it is going to be cold and wet, ok cold for us So Cal types... Feeling a little nervous as this will be my first official race.
                          you're gonna do great! I've been watching surf and weather and it's just supposed to be partly cloudy...no rain and the winds less than 5mph. PERFECT weather!
                          Go on girls. Show 'em what your made of. What's your time goal Jen?
                          eh. 1:50 ? give or take a few minutes either side, depending on how I feel...actually, it really depends on how I respond to the hills.

Jennifer mm#1231

wow, a weekday race? good luck, it'll feel great getting back into races. Smile
                            Yeah, they do a series of races on a Tuesday evening near me. One every two weeks. Hope everyone runs well this weekend. Weather is really nice here, hope it is too where ever you all are. Smile

madness baby

Good luck to everyone this weekend (and week)!! I'm jealous of you guys doing the La Jolla half. TAKE THOSE HILLS DOWN!! Big grin
                              deb

Member Since 2008

Nice race, crazy age groups. I ran a 23:39 (5K). My two sons ran also (11 and 14), but they were grouped in the 30 and younger age group which had them running with all of the college runners. If there had been an age group closer to their ages, they would have gotten 2nd and 3rd. It always keeps them motivated if they have something to shoot for. We all had fun, That's what matters. When we got home, we had to mow the lawn...Mean daddy!!!