Saucony Omni...Anyone have any experience or advice (Read 576 times)

regarding this shoe. Fleet Feet suggested this shoe for me, but it was not even in the class of shoes I was looking for so I don't know much about it.
    2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Best. Shoe. Ever! I think it is neutral to mildly supportive, which is about what I generally prefer. But the Omni is the shoe that I have kept coming back to over the years.
        Any wholesale outlets...Fleet Feet price was $100, which I didn't think was that bad.
        2008 GOALS GET BELOW 175 (at 175 now) RUN 6:00 MILE (at 6:29) RUN BELOW 25:30 5K RUN BELOW 55:00 10K RUN A MARATHON (DEC. 6TH - MEMPHIS - ST JUDE)
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My local store sells them a bit less, I think. Also, FWIW, the word, "Saucony", comes from the name of a river in PA. The word is a Native American word that means, "fast moving water". The swoosh on the shoe design is meant to represent the river, with the three dots on the swoosh symbolizing three stones or small islands in the river. Interestingly, the ancient Greek word for fast moving water is, "trent". So I am destined to wear this company's shoes.

~Gordo~

I just bought a pair for the Omni Grid 6 (last year's model) at our local running store for $50. I used them on my 14 miler Saturday. I got blisters along my arch (I'm flat footed), which is not uncommon for a new pair of shoes for me. I usually wear Asics 21XX or Kayano's. This is my first pair of Saucony's. Hopefully my feet, or my shoes will get used to each other. With all that said, they are a comfortable shoe and I couldn't pass up the bargain.
            !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Never had a blister with an Omni. Are your shoes sized correctly and are you wearing the right socks? Confused
                Never had a blister with an Omni. Are your shoes sized correctly and are you wearing the right socks? Confused
                I can never distinguish the right from the left. I just know the left goes on first.

~Gordo~

Yep. Our local running store took care of me as far as size goes. I wear the right socks. Like I said, it is not unusual for me get blisters when I get new shoes. The only ones that I didn't get them with were the 2120's. I got blisters even after spending too much on the Kayano 13's. They are more of a nusiance than anything else. They hurt a for a bit, I pop them, they become caluses.
                  !If you don't...you won't! ~Remember the light at the end of tunnel maybe you~ ~If you choose not to decided, you still have made a choice~