E? (Read 458 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What does an E mean next to a runner's name in race results? I am noticing this next to the names of quite a few runners who participated in the GR HM. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I've never seen it. Want to link it here?

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

~ Sarah Kay

You'll ruin your knees!

Don't really know, but did the race allow for an option to start early? This is not uncommon in longer races where cut-off times might make it challenging for slower runners to finish "officially". Just a guess... Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yep, it did...I kinda wondered if that's what that meant. They had a "velocity challenged" start an hour early. k

~ Sarah Kay

vicentefrijole

Apparently you don't need to run slow in order to make use of the "start early" option, though? ConfusedYour link shows quite a few people running sub-3:00 with an "E". But perhaps people who are really gunning for a PR would try to do it with fewer runners around to get in the way? It still doesn't make sense, some how... Confused By the way... check out the 80 year old who ran a 3:20! Go Wally! Shocked Big grin
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Apparently you don't need to run slow in order to make use of the "start early" option, though? ConfusedYour link shows quite a few people running sub-3:00 with an "E". But perhaps people who are really gunning for a PR would try to do it with fewer runners around to get in the way? It still doesn't make sense, some how... Confused By the way... check out the 80 year old who ran a 3:20! Go Wally! Shocked Big grin
                That's what confused me...there were people who I didn't consider slow at all who started an hour early. It was supposed to be reserved ONLY for 6+ hour marathoners. I think I saw Wally...how cool was that?! There were quite a few "seniors" out on that course kicking ass and taking names. I had a lot of people my parents age (early 60s) and older scootin' by me. I want to be like that in 30 years! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay