Holiday Running Streak (Read 2691 times)

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Wow! Nice work, LedLincoln!!! That is pretty awesome! Smile

I managed to get out the door for my mile at 10:00 last night - which made day 16 for me! I'm not pulling as many miles yet as I wanted to during this streak, but I should be back in the swing of things now that classes are pretty much over for the semester. There were a couple of mornings where I had to work on homework instead of running and ended up with a mile in the evening instead. Bleh!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Wow! Nice work, LedLincoln!!! That is pretty awesome! Smile

All you streakers should have a chart like that, at least by December 22. Smile

I am almost there too LedLincoln.  Just a few more days to roll off those blanks

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

Seanv2

All you streakers should have a chart like that, at least by December 22. Smile

I am looking forward to when mine looks like that.

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Mmmmm...beer

I am looking forward to when mine looks like that.

Me too!  I'm starting to hate those blank spaces on my graph. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

yes, but mine will have fewer overall miles...by a lot. I forgot to set my alarm last night and didn't get my 2-3 pre-5k shakeout miles done, but I went out with two of my kids earlier for a couple of laps around the block. My 5 year old did just over half a mile (1 lap) when his dad came to pick him up. I loaded him in the car and then my stepdaughter and I went for another lap to total just over a mile. Running with my kids was wayyyyyy better than running by myself at 5:30am. I'm glad it worked out that way. Smile

---  Current run streak is 12 days, my longest ever. :-)  I plan to do a month-long streak through year-end, then try for a year long streak in 2013 (Or at least see how far I get in the streak.)  

---  I accredit the running chart on RA for me doing this streak.  There have already been a couple days this week I would not have run or made an excuse not to, but pumped out a quick 2-miler to continue the streak!     RA's graphs have helped motivate me to get more miles!!     

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

A Saucy Wench

yeah, mine has the no gaps thing but a whole lot of 1-1.5 mile runs.  Its all good.

I just cant wait until the sheer stupidity that was Monkey drops off my chart so that my scales dont look so stupid.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I did the holiday streak last year too, and it was really cool when the gaps finally disappeared.  I have about another 12 days before that happens this year (I started 2 days early).

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

yes, but mine will have fewer overall miles...by a lot. I forgot to set my alarm last night and didn't get my 2-3 pre-5k shakeout miles done, but I went out with two of my kids earlier for a couple of laps around the block. My 5 year old did just over half a mile (1 lap) when his dad came to pick him up. I loaded him in the car and then my stepdaughter and I went for another lap to total just over a mile. Running with my kids was wayyyyyy better than running by myself at 5:30am. I'm glad it worked out that way. Smile

Yeah, keeping up the streak AND having a life is a real accomplishment! Smile

PADRunner

About half way there with 17 days today.

17 days! Legs felt much better today.

Running my way to being a little less fat.

jbyram2

Eat to run, Run to eat

I'm Streaking also.  Today was day 20.

Stone Mill 50m 11/16/13  12:42

Febapple Frozen 50k 2/22/14  9:20:55

DIrty German 50m 5/18/14 12:06:16

My inadvertent holiday run streak ended yesterday at 16 days. Oh well, maybe next year (but probably not.)

Runners run

A runner with a streak is a lot like a cyclist who's had the wrong part of his taint compressed by his bicycle seat for too long and now walks around with a permaboner. It's ugly. It makes for awkward social situations. Your wife will put up with it for a while, but she'll get pissed eventually. It scares children. It makes for such ill-fitting clothes that even the most experienced tailor won't try to help you. The list goes on. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac