Exporting Log (Read 691 times)

jclancy35

Hi Eric, When I select Tools>Download Log>Download (either tab delimited or XML), my computes only is prompting me to download a file called "logexport.htm" (10.3 KB) Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong? Thanks! Joe
    eric :)

Joe, I'll have to look into it and get back to you on that. Why the way, what's in the logexport.htm? That's strange because this site doesn't have any files with the .htm extension. eric Smile

Hey Joe, I looked through the code, and I did find a bug in the XML export code. I forgot to update the export code when I added new data fields to the log. I don't know why you're getting a file called "logexport.htm" though. Could you send me an email via the feedback form so we can work it out via email instead? Let me know about your set up (i.e. operating system, browser version, etc). Maybe that can help in reproducing your problem. eric Smile
        jclancy35

sure thing....although the download worked as described on my work laptop. I will submit the info when I logon at home tonight or at the latest sometime this weekend. Thanks for the help. I use a Dell with XP SP2 and IE at home. I'll send version info with the feedback.
          jclancy35

Info sent via Feedback form. Joe

I am stumped. Does anyone have this problem? Instead of downloading a zipped copy of your log, you get the page itself instead?
              Wingz

Professional Noob

I don't, but I do get to choose what program to use when saving - my computer wants to use winzip so I let it... and then when I extract it it comes out alright. Perhaps there's something going on with the settings in the intitial choices?

Roads were made for journeys...

I don't, but I do get to choose what program to use when saving - my computer wants to use winzip so I let it... and then when I extract it it comes out alright. Perhaps there's something going on with the settings in the intitial choices?
                  That is a normal behavior for Windows based browsers if it knows the file type it is receiving. It should not be sending the page itself, and there is no code on the site that sends the page either.