Asics Kinsei's (Read 532 times)

Darla1

Anyone run in these? What are your thoughts? I run in the Gel Kayano, can you compare?
      I love Kayanos but returned the Kinsei. I had gotten a pretty good price, but they come up too high on the sides and nothing I did helped. It is too much shoe, in my opinion. Stick with Kayanos.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

I prefer the kinsei over Kayano 13, never tried Kayano 14. They look very similar but are a bit "beefier". The toe box is a little wider in the Kinsei, which I like. Actually the Kayano's are very narrow and pointy in the toe box. I notice that I wear the soles on the kinsei in 2 places -The back of the heel and right beside the ball of my foot. The Kayano's only wore on the heel. My foot strike has changed, maybe it is the shoe design but maybe my running style has changed. The kinsei 2's are "Beefier" yet. However I wouldn't pay the $50 more. I got the Kinsei's on clearout (Making way for Kinsei 2's) and paid $50 less than the Kayano 13's were selling at so I jumped at the chance to try them. I use Kinsei, Kayano, and nimbus 9 the Kayano is fine but my least favorite of the three. Over 2,600 km in my first 9 months of running and Asics has kept me injury free. Got to go touch every tree in the park now Clowning around

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

Darla1

Thanks all for the info! Unless I can find the Kinsei's at the same price as the Kayano's not sure I'll shell out the extra $$$. The Kayano's are expensive enough!
            i LOVE my Kinsei's with a passion. However, they don't hold out for as many miles as I'd like. They're the only shoe I've found that feels good on my foot and I like the weight. But, if it doesn't feel good on your foot, then it doesn't matter what I think. I would highly reccomend that you give then a go.