Lolo Jones Eliminated in the First Heat (Read 256 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/cast/lolo-jones

I'm excited to see what she can do.  Really. (Speaking as a ballroom aficionado.)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

She got beat by the likes of 76yo Tommy Chong and 72yo Betsey Johnson (who both did much better than one might expect).  So Lolo messed up her cha cha a bit, but it wasn't awful.  I think her biggest mistake was telling everyone how awful it was, and the voting public believed her.  Oh well, back to the track.

Slo

I never watched DWTS prior to this.

She was way out of place and it showed. I'm fine with that...We'll gladly welcome her back here to Iowa.

Unfortunately I think the public that doesn't know her was left with a pretty poor perception.

kcam

I watched it only because I love Lolo Jones but I must say that she SUCKED!  I'm fine with her getting eliminated because she was the worst up there. Done.  No more DTWS for me, yay!

Not so sure about that.

Oh well, back to the track.

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

mikeymike

The bobsled track maybe?

Runners run

maybe handing out water for the Army 10 miler.

And we run because we like it
                Through the broad bright land

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Unfortunately I think the public that doesn't know her was left with a pretty poor perception.

A coworker who follows track and knows of her somewhat saw her on DWTS and was pretty disappointed in her attitude. From what she said Lolo came off as a total whiny diva.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Hmmm.  Generally I would agree.  Her media persona is off-putting to me.  I really have to give her a lot of credit for putting herself out there though!  Clearly she was out of her element and uncomfortable.  The partner interaction was especially difficult for her according to the clip before the dance routine.  With the added pressure of performance, it would have been pretty incredible if she didn't bobble the steps.  Lolo is an incredibly fluid looking hurdler so it is a mystery to me how such comfort with her body doing sports is not as translatable to the dance.  Guess it comes down to specificity of training.

A coworker who follows track and knows of her somewhat saw her on DWTS and was pretty disappointed in her attitude. From what she said Lolo came off as a total whiny diva.

"Shut up Legs!" Jens Voigt

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I didn't see the Tuesday show, but it's true, she was very much out of here element.  If she had been able to stay on the show longer, maybe she could have become a great dancer, but her persona indeed didn't seem so hot.

Slo

I didn't see the Tuesday show, but it's true, she was very much out of here element.  If she had been able to stay on the show longer, maybe she could have become a great dancer, but her persona indeed didn't seem so hot.

Seeing her on the track (Drake Relays) or speaking to a bunch of high school athletes is how I've seen her. Watching her on DWTS was a train wreck.

Had she stayed on I would have continued to watch but I don't know how much of those judges I could take.

The other professional athlete that runs marathons will likely be eliminated soon.

Michael Waltrip will not survive far.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The other professional athlete that runs marathons will likely be eliminated soon.

Michael Waltrip will not survive far.

I'm kind of hoping he doesn't.